Discuss What’s this switch? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

James Hammond

New EF Member
Hi all!

Random one, moving into a new house and have done the general walk around. The house is about 5 years old.

Noticed in the master bedroom the attached switch/button fitment (image)

Does anyone has any idea what it could possibly be for....? I’ve asked the wstate agent as the previous owners have done one of those part buy/part rent scheme things and the home group people who now own the house haven’t got back to us and the agents have no idea.

Any ideas would be greatly received. Thank you in advanced
J

DB954E95-F818-4C73-9EDB-001844412D70.jpeg

Rpa07

4000 posts - only 54195 behind Telectrix!
Electrician's Arms
Panic button for alarm?
Garage door upper and downer?
Have you pressed it yet?

westward10

In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream.
Staff member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
I don't know what it does every time I press it the lights dim and I can't see.

OP
J

James Hammond

New EF Member
I was very tempted to press it but the missus dragged me away and told me not to haha! I did wonder if it was a oanic button or something, just weird that it had two buttons. I’ll let you guys know what the home group people say. There is an alarm system on the house so more than likely a panic button or something similar

Rpa07

4000 posts - only 54195 behind Telectrix!
Electrician's Arms
If he presses it - he won’t sleep!

Archy Styrigg

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
I was very tempted to press it but the missus dragged me away and told me not to haha! I did wonder if it was a oanic button or something, just weird that it had two buttons. I’ll let you guys know what the home group people say. There is an alarm system on the house so more than likely a panic button or something similar
Your Mrs doesn't like you pressing her buttons?
.......................... :confused::D

OP
J

James Hammond

New EF Member
We’ve not moved in yet, I mean I have the estate agents mobile number so I can see if they can meet me there so I can press it, not sure my new neighbours would appreciate it though by the sounds of @Rpa07 comments.
@Archy Styrigg too many comments too little time

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
panic button 4 sure. you need to presss both buttons simultaneously. this is to reduce the chance of accidental operation.

Reactions: DPG

SWD

Gender neutral
Electrician's Arms
Switch for the Hitachi Magic wand hidden in the unit next to the bed, don't ask me how I know........

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
we need more of us Scousers on the forum, hit back at them southern woofties that are always taking the pi$$ out of anyone that don't talk like Alf Garnett.

Reactions: DPG

SWD

Gender neutral
Electrician's Arms
we need more of us Scousers on the forum, hit back at them southern woofties that are always taking the pi$$ out of anyone that don't talk like Alf Garnett.
He was a Jewish Wet Ham supporter...........

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 61 66.3%
  • Black

Votes: 31 33.7%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.