Discuss What's this in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just got back from a call out, customers rings up no electric in the out side utilty area
So of I went dressed up I'm going to Rob a bank and gloves not to give me dabbs.
So on turning up, what's the problem no electric in there, what's in the the unity place
Two fridge freezers packed so tight you could not get another cow in, washer, washer drier and everything you can think of so looking at the socket, funny what have we here.
Bloody critters they get ever where. Job done.

Attachments

• IMG_20200406_140942.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 67
At least it was dry.

Once looked in to garage socket fault. They were well-installed in many ways, top entry T&E all neatly pinned to the wall, rubber washer and metal boxes, best MK sockets. Alas, water and wood lice had descended and the reason the fuse blew (old rewirable) was the sockets over the years had half-filled with dead woodlice sludge.

Not the nicest thing to clean out :(

Moral of the story? Always enter via the bottom.

Reply to What's this in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Woke up this morning and tried to turn on the computer (work from home) wouldn't power on, checked lights they worked fine. Went downstairs to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been browsing these forums for a while, always great to learn a new way to skin the same cat. Anyway, cut a long story short, was an...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Hopefully someone can help with a little mystery i had today. The issue is fixed but I want to understand what was going on to help...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock