Discuss What’s your thinking in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Doing an Eicr on a school,there are over 50Db’s throughout,it’s a retest after 5 years,all the previous certs are available.
Did 2 Db’s & the results are pretty awful,& not relevant to the existing certs.
Mainly rcds not functioning & high loop impedances,I’m particularly worried that these circuits have know protection on fault conditions,it also doesn’t favour the otherDb’s.
Would you continue with the report ,& give report immediately to those concerned,about these preliminary tests.

Crack on and compile a Report. Where fault conditions are not complied with itemize them. If you start reporting back now and stop the task how does it help anyone know the full extent of any issues.
Empty schools are always nice jobs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea agree,but kids will return,& possibly with these circuits not protected correctly,something serious may occur.

ChrisElectrical88

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I have in the past on large schools submitted deviations on every friday to the council as we recorded them on a spreadsheet as we were going, there would then be a couple of lads carrying put the deviations behind us and ticking them off. This was on a long term contract however where schedule of rates were in place etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds a good idea,I’m passing this one on to those concerned,the School’s an Academy ,so who knows.
If is was a County owned school,we would be doing the remedials straight away.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to What’s your thinking in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom