Discuss When do the PIR become obsolete? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

That is unless you are an NICEIC member. NICEIC can't supply the EICR pro-forma sheets to their members at the moment and have accepted the extended the use of the PIR until June 2012.

the old PIR is NOT DEAD, it is just resting.

so can we use PIR forms?

Im going to be with NAPIT.

I bought a few Pads the other day fro the whole seller and PIR was one of these

I must say I find the NICEIC stance rather at odds with BS7671 as BS7671 says that the EICR will be in force from the 1st January 2012

I wonder if the NICEIC dead PIR sketch will catch on. I can see it now, irrate NICEIC member laments the demise of the Norwegian Blue PIR pro-forma sheets.:joker:

Yet again we have the NICEIC who are meant to be the "market leader" in this and have C@cked up big time and the previous post of I am still buying PIR pads at the wholesalers is the big con so when there is a problem you will be told you should have used a EICR as the PIR is no longer valid and the fact that nobody for some reason just will not print or sell the new certificate plus they will not comment on why (I mailed a couple and I am still waiting for a reply) I have said this before but it is worth repeating this type of thing makes us all look like fools and does nothing for the scheme providors and wholesalers credibility who were meant to manage this one day we might even get an answer as it is ok for us to say well I dont know whats going on but they cant get away with that line

In the middle of doing a big PIR/EICR (?) at the moment, got three big notepads that I'm scribbling in at the moment but been wondering what to do when it comes to writing it all up....think I'll ring the NIC in the morning! Great

Nice smoooth transition then! Oh well, I'll try and get it in writing off them. Had a mail come round from a company we do maintenance for explaining to all there opo's that the PIR's have been replaced with the EICR and not to accept any PIR'S, the inference being anyone presenting a PIR was basically trying to pull the wool over their eyes!

Reply to When do the PIR become obsolete? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock