Discuss When do you actually do the paperwork? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

Just a question here regarding testing and certification.

If you got called to a house to replace a socket that had its casing cracked or you put a lovely new B&Q chandelier up for someone would you then do a minor works Cert + Si + STR?

Seems a little overkill to me

If you don't what's the smallest job that you would do it on?

lol, that's why its ****ing me off then, I was having to charge for my time to do all 3 and was just quoting too high

if its like for like I wouldn't bother with a cert unless its a rental property.

This job has enough paperwork without doing unnecessary MWC's too. The bloke down the pub won't even raise an invoice let alone a cert!

if its like for like I wouldn't bother with a cert unless its a rental property.

This job has enough paperwork without doing unnecessary MWC's too. The bloke down the pub won't even raise an invoice let alone a cert!

I agree with Murdoch, although its not politically correct etc, sometimes it is more practical. Although as a minimum i would do an EFLI test, even if i didnt document it.

Cheers..........Howard

Any addition I would do a MWC, anything requiring an EIC would get one, as said above for like for like replacements etc I wouldn't usually do a cert, I would do a test, however would just invoice and on my way.

Invoices done on iPad and usually emailed to customer then and there. Certs if EIC done on pc and posted. MWC I usually either do on pc and post or write out 2 copies

If your doing a lot of stuff requiring MWC you could do a small part of MWC on bottom of invoice, job sheet specialy if your doing L.A. or rental stuff get tenant to sign that you have been there and done it as well

You guys that do certs/invoices etc at the house, what do you do for your copy? carbon paper?
I do all my invoices at the end of the job on carbon paper. certificates I normally try and do if I can again on carbon paper (although I got told off by Elecsa because they were too faint so I now use handwriting blue copy paper, messy but not faint).
If I am doing a cert for an insurance company, etc. I normally fill it in on the PC at hoem and send it off.

Reply to When do you actually do the paperwork? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net