Discuss When is the least busiest time of year in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
what part of the year is the least busiest in our game , I know most people are always busy but i have only had the business for 6 months so I have not experienced a full season and the phone has been a little unusually quiet this week.

Based on my business since October 2016... January/February are my quietest months, that said, I've been much busier this time around than the start of 2017.

I had nothing for late morning and afternoon so I cycled to the bank to pay money in. Washed and polished the salt off of the van and put all of my spares and tools in their correct places. All ready for a fresh day tomorrow.
We’ve all got things to do that aren’t work, get on with them when your not busy is like getting paid (just a very low wage)
I’m not so quiet that I need to change my 3036! It’ll happen but when I just don’t know!

I have found that the quite time for myself is when the credit card bills land just after xmas... suddenly people sit down and realise that they need to cut back a bit to pay for things!
i find things typically pick up with outside lighting and similar when spring comes, already I am quoting for a lot of outdoor stuff. People getting ready for summer i guess. The cold weather meant I have 'lost' a week of work, phone didnt ring and it was too inclement to get about safely.
There are times where being 90% domestic I might have 2 weeks solid of work then go a couple of quite days but its time to get on top of admin, accounts, and also clean the van out as for some reason it always ends up cluttered!

Since going self - employed in May/June 2014 I don't seem to have stopped, must be lucky- or too cheap !:) Although you do have to rearrange things at times due to badly organised plumbers/builders/customers.

Since going self - employed in May/June 2014 I don't seem to have stopped, must be lucky- or too cheap !:) Although you do have to rearrange things at times due to badly organised plumbers/builders/customers.
....know that feeling... started a 12k rewire yesterday and the builder informed me today that the plasterer is starting Monday :confused:

Crazy isn't it Lee ! It always seems to be our trade that gets the stress and aggravation due to lack of planning by others !
Are you going to have all your team on it now going like mad or did you just tell the builder don't be so stupid ? :)

When I am quiet, I turn my mind to other things...

Busy (positive)
Busier (comparative)
Busiest (superlative)
...you cannot qualify a superlative, so it can't be "least busiest"
or "most busiest"
but least busy
or most busy...
so, when I am at my least busy I study English grammar, increase my pedant status, and pi$$ everyone off!

...and go to Spain for a week or so...well, I'm at the end of a phone, so no problem!
It is possibly the pronunciation you need to work on. When I used to go beyond the border I did used to struggle to decipher what the hell people were talking about. When Nicola casts you adrift and you have to apply for admission back into civilisation the border guards will need to be able to work out your reasons for admission.

Fortunately, I am from a very posh school wot tot us to spik proper, so i will be fine

Afortunadamente, soy muy aristocratico, y Nicola puede ir follarse

Found out! Damn!
Look, I'm really sorry for all the spam posts on here:(
oh...to think it should come to this....
que puedo decir?
Lo siento, amigos...

:) cerveza, anyone?

When Nicola casts you adrift and you have to apply for admission back into civilisation the border guards will need to be able to work out your reasons for admission.
It will be like carry on up the khyber, they will stand in a line and lift the kilts to gain admission when the guards leg it!

I'll be fine, I'm Jake The Peg....Instant admission!
oh, don't you MISS him?
All those great songs we never hear on the radio anymore...:(
Bast**d! Depriving me of singing along to Two Little Boys...
think I'll join the Priesthood

I'll be fine, I'm Jake The Peg....Instant admission!
oh, don't you MISS him?
All those great songs we never hear on the radio anymore...:(
Bast**d! Depriving me of singing along to Two Little Boys...
think I'll join the Priesthood
You could always try "I didn't know I loved you till I ............. and roll.
I can remember a girl called Dana when I was about 14 who had a different version of that one but she changed roll to hole. Wonder what she's doing now.

Reply to When is the least busiest time of year in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock