Discuss where do i stand in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jo mccourt

hi, and thanks for any help in advance.

i did my c&g 2330 level 2 and 3 over 2008 to 2010, i passed all my exams with credit and above but due to my boss retiring i never finished my on site nvq paper work or am2. this happened in the recession and i live in a small town called torquay so it was very hard to find work at that point, im now a roofer but i dont find the work intellectual challenging though i do enjoy beeing back in a trade. i noticed the course has been updated to 2365 aswell.

my questions stand as where do i stand qualification wise and would i have to resit year3 again?
also if i didnt have to resit year 3 of 2330 would i have to do an update course to 2365?

kind regards

joe

I remember in my apprenticehip if we were out of work for three weeks the apprenticeship was terminated. You should try and get in touch with your old training officer

hi, and thanks for any help in advance.

i did my c&g 2330 level 2 and 3 over 2008 to 2010, i passed all my exams with credit and above but due to my boss retiring i never finished my on site nvq paper work or am2. this happened in the recession and i live in a small town called torquay so it was very hard to find work at that point, im now a roofer but i dont find the work intellectual challenging though i do enjoy beeing back in a trade. i noticed the course has been updated to 2365 aswell.

my questions stand as where do i stand qualification wise and would i have to resit year3 again?
also if i didnt have to resit year 3 of 2330 would i have to do an update course to 2365?

kind regards

joe

No mate you will not have to resit year 3.......if you can get back in the trade then you can start your NVQ 3 and then get your AM2.

No mate you will not have to resit year 3.......if you can get back in the trade then you can start your NVQ 3 and then get your AM2.
wrong you do a bridging course e.g. the new enviromental units and thats it

then go onto the logbook, thats what i did after i went through 2330 level2/3 then onto the 2357 (would have done 2356 but jtl stopped funding for that course)

I agree with Ste69. If you have your 2330 l2 & l3 then it's done. Have you had the certificates?

You could still do the NVQ3 & AM2 not necessarily as an apprentice, so no bridging course to the 2357.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to where do i stand in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net