Discuss Where to get hold of a blank or cover for old Bakerlite Fuse Box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello folks, could anyone advise where to get hold of blanks to cover the open fuse slots in this old Wylex bakerlite fuse box please ?
As well as the exposed 2 x line wires (red), terminals and bus bar - there is no lid to cover all the fuses.

The house owner said they have a quote to replace this and install a new CU but they have no date confirmed to get the work done yet. Clearly this is not safe in the meantime, I'd like to recommend that at least some blanking plates are used to cover the exposed terminals.

Many Thanks,
John.

Old Fuse Box Open.jpg

It is but the base will have slots in them and there are wires connected to those ways so fitting a breaker is out of the question. You could fit 1361 holders with the fuses taken out.

Not totally sure I understand, but I wouldn't be fitting fuse carriers with fuses missing, when Wylex proper fuse blank shields are readily available, e.g.

Alternatively, most of us who have changed upteen Wylex boards tend to have a few of these knocking around, if you know any local sparks who do board changes it should not be hard to get hold of some.

Above seems best value for money.

Or as per post #3 two of these:

But since there are cables in the offending spaces, may require filing a cutout for the cable?
Can someone confirm? And then is that a deviation from manufactures spec ? ? !
Edit - looks like it does have a cutout relief for a cable present.

Also I thought the intention would be to obtain a front cover, but that doesn't require a tool to remove.

Last edited:

Reply to Where to get hold of a blank or cover for old Bakerlite Fuse Box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I recently had an EICR done at my property which unfortunately was unsatisfactory. So the electrican advised a new fuseboard from BG General...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First post here, hope I'm compliant with the rules! I did do a quick search before asking this, but I couldn't quite come up with the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just retrieved a Federal Electric TB63SNT Switch/Fuse unit from a skip, it looks to be in very clean condition no rust or damage to...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views
So I am a fully qualified spark with my own company, however I also have a few properties I rent out. One of my tenants asked if they can have an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock