Discuss Where to go from here? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Just finished college and gained my City and Guilds 2330 level three. I am going to do my 17th edition next and get that under my belt. I haven't got my NVQ level 3, but do have some experience in the industry. Could anybody tell me if I require PART P, I have been told I need it and others saying I don't,(which is correct). I want to also gain my ECS card, spoke to a women about this and could only get an ECS card if I am sponsored by a full qual sparky? Or it's a labourer card. Basically can anyone advice me on the best route to take so I don't waste time and money. Cheers Derry0178:wink5:

You will only need part p registration if your working for yourself on domestic jobs doing notifyable works(which aint alot now)

to be honest unless your working full time self employed domestic i wouldnt even bother with 'part P' the whole thing will wither and die within the next few years, hardly anybody bothers with it anyway

Get your NVQ level 3 and AM2 then you can get your JIB card and go anywhere and nobody can say you're not a spark.

Absolutely no point in doing the 2330 then leaving it as that with just a labourer's card these days, might as well not have bothered as you are still classed as a mate. Finish off what you have started then reap the rewards.

I'm in the same sort of boat(2330 lvl2,2365 lvl3,2382 17th,2377 crap testing).
I'm looking at signing up for the 2356 NVQ3 while it still available in certain places and doing the 2394/5 at night. I spoke to few schemes at ELEX show and all they seem to want you to have is 17th edition!
Look at Part p requirements now and unless your going to be doing these from he start (if you go self employed) then wait to see how much work you get first.

You will only need part p registration if your working for yourself on domestic jobs doing notifyable works(which aint alot now)

to be honest unless your working full time self employed domestic i wouldnt even bother with 'part P' the whole thing will wither and die within the next few years, hardly anybody bothers with it anyway

no...you dont `need` it.....
this is the scams all over again....
putting it into peoples heads that you `need` it....and you `aint qualified` if you dont have it...
since when has part P been a qual?

Reply to Where to go from here? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net