Discuss Where to seek first job as fresh electrician in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Dear electricians

I am studying to become full scope electrician and more. At this stage I have completed a domestic scope plus wiring regs BS7671 18th edition.
That means I have all the certificates needed.
My question is where to look for that first job. I do not have any experience so I am a complete fresh meat in the industry.
But I want to learn all aspects of electrical job. For the last ten years I am warehouse manager so I also need to give my current company at least 1 month notice. Because of my lack of experience I don't want to start my electrical company yet. First I need to gain as much experience as possible.
Does anybody know if there are any companies that give that first opportunity to fresh man.

Kind Regards

TL;DR
Looking for my first job
You say you have completed the Domestic scope plus & completed the regs exam.

Unfortuantly companies will not class having completed a Domestic scope course & sitting a regs exam as being qualified, having said that nothing at all is stopping you applying to become an electricians mate where you would gain that much needed experience.

Try maybe Phoning companies up, send CV's etc.

Reply to Where to seek first job as fresh electrician in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So, I got a level 2-3 electrical installation diploma fresh out of college with no experience especially onsite. I was wondering whether working...
Replies
Views
I am an experienced electrical engineer consultant in building services, and I am looking to expand my professional horizons by taking on side...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Is there companies or people out there that can help source sub contract work as im not sure where to start. I know you get recruitment...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Sorry, I won't take much of your time. To cut a long story short, I am newly qualified and have domestic installation/commercial...
Replies
Views
I am writing to express my strong interest in joining your esteemed organization as I embark on the next phase of my career in the field of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock