Discuss wheres all the work gone? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

It has got busier for me. I do 50/50 employed / self employed. The slef emp stuff has gone nuts! Thing is, I live in a wealthy area and a lot are having remedial works done / extension work.

80% of my work is commercial and i have never been so busy. As Cirrus says, even the domestic is busy with remedial work

Do mostly commercial and industrial. Things getting very busy at the moment for us. Even the limited manufacturing left in this area seems to be investing in upgrading installations.

Domestic side rearing it's head more aswell, people not looking to move but prepared to spend a bit on their home as they are planning on staying there a bit longer now.

One side getting very busy is Residential Homes for the Elderly. If anybody looking for a market to attack with a marketing shot, try this one.

i guess i better move then.:D dont get me wrong i do have work but no where near the level i am used to,from jan to july i was working 6 days a week and even the odd sunday:eek:.might try and get a bit more commercial on the go.:D

rated people is a good money spinner as well, ive had a bit of work off it, give it a go, is free for first 3 months then £40 per quarter after

has anyone noticed a fall in the polish?

If they have gone home it's cause they found it is not the land of milk and honey they thought.

High wages compared to back home but never thought that the cost of living was a lot higher neither.

Watched a program on BBC couple of months back and there where 2-3 families sharing the same house,:eek: Parents sleep in the bed with kids sleeping on the floor in the same room.

I thought we had stopped this back in the early 20th century but it seems not as they are bringing it back when they come to live in this country.

im self employed doing agency work after being made redundant and im 5hitting myself! there doesnt seem to be any work about! all the agencies are saying how quiet it is and the job im on finishes this week!

i dont have part p so cant do a great deal of domestic so im not advertising to do any private work but ive been thinking more and more about dropping some leaflets in some local shops.

rated people is a good money spinner as well, ive had a bit of work off it, give it a go, is free for first 3 months then £40 per quarter after

just had a look at rated people, how much do you usually get charged for a job you quote for?

Last edited by a moderator:
ive just done my part p/17th already have 236 not registered yet,been trying to get domestic work here n there,not really properly advertising untill all in place, theres work out there! i also do stairlifts,thats gone megga quiet in last 12 months, gotta get better! im in cardiff,pity the people in more rural areas.

Im in Brighton so it should get better! I might speak to a few contractors round this way and see if they want to sub any work out.

Hmm, it seems to be a right old spread across the board with work at the moment.

The company I work for in Bristol, which does mainly commercial and industrial work. is still fairly quiet with some of the guys on a short working week. Yet, Mr Cirrus, who's not that far away from me is very busy.

Hope things pick up a bit where I'm working, coz I want to ask him for a pay rise. Got to pick the right moment though, coz at the moment I'm the lowest life form there is in the electrical industry, a first year apprentice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, it seems to be a right old spread across the board with work at the moment.

The company I work for in Bristol, which does mainly commercial and industrial work. is still fairly quiet with some of the guys on a short working week. Yet, Mr Cirrus, who's not that far away from me is very busy.

Hope things pick up a bit where I'm working, coz I want to ask him for a pay rise. Got to pick the right moment though, coz at the moment I'm the lowest life form there is in the electrical industry, a first year apprentice!

Well during the day I am bust because it is council work and funds are set aside for years. Privately I am busy too but (and no disrespect) the area I live in is massively wealthy.

Speak for yourself mate :)

I thought you just posted in another thread that you've been laid off?
Within the last 2 days?

been advertising for 6 weeks in local paper usually get at least 4 calls for work each week - nothing this week (got plent on though)
Definately noticed more people improving than moving (mostly extending)
Will have 2 chase work if continues and advertise a bit more.

Things gone very bad here in Dublin,I have work on for October but nothing for November,Really starting to worry.
I have sent emails to builders,property maintence companies offering my services but heard nothing back.
I tried to go down the route of periodic testing of office's and factories but no one seems to be biting
I am owed about €17k from builders and no sign of it coming either.

Reply to wheres all the work gone? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock