Discuss Where's the best place to buy from in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

AP Electrical

Just wondered who buys from where?, I'm just trying an order from meteor next day delv free over £75 discount for forum as well and seem fair on price just wait to see quality. So just looking for other views ....

I use Electrifix as they are close to me and pretty reasonable on price. I also like the fact that I can calculate the bill so i can quote etc... I find that wholesalers without a price book are ok but you can pay loads for some items which they sneak in. I was given a price of 59.99 for a MEM pod type RCBO at CEF!!! needless to say I found another way to protect the circuit!!

Also had screwfix guy rattling on about electrifix (still part of screwfix just better prices apparently)and how good they are anyone tried them?

I use Electrifix as they are close to me and pretty reasonable on price. I also like the fact that I can calculate the bill so i can quote etc... I find that wholesalers without a price book are ok but you can pay loads for some items which they sneak in. I was given a price of 59.99 for a MEM pod type RCBO at CEF!!! needless to say I found another way to protect the circuit!!

timo you read my mind :s

Also had screwfix guy rattling on about electrifix (still part of screwfix just better prices apparently)and how good they are anyone tried them?

yeah electrifix are very good but why don't wholesalers have a price book. they tell me its different price for different people and how much your spending

Going to sign up for electrifix tommorow, it does'nt hurt to have the option, I also buy a lot of building gear from screwfix so handy when i'm down there.

yeah electrifix are very good but why don't wholesalers have a price book. they tell me its different price for different people and how much your spending

Yeah which I suppose is fair enough as they want to keep the people spending hundreds of pounds sweet. TBH I cannot be bothered haggling to save myself 20p on an MCB lol, another benifit of electrifix is that I quote based on screwfix prices and buy from them. This usually gives me a modest margin for the parts and covers the collection etc, the chaps at electrifix are pretty helpful and return policy is good.

Just wondered who buys from where?, I'm just trying an order from meteor next day delv free over £75 discount for forum as well and seem fair on price just wait to see quality. So just looking for other views ....
Good evening alex.
I may be able to give you the number of someone whoos just starting out as a supplier in the leeds area but i will have to get his number from my boss so just hangfire and i will pm you next week sometime mate. Theres also albion electrical wholesalers down cross green/york road area but my boss says they take ages to serve you but the prices are reasonable though.........

Electricfix is okay-ish, more often or not they dont have all the stuff I want in stock.

They dont stock much armoured cable, the prices are often the same as screwfix when compared, just you will see the price prior to VAT being applied.

When I first started out on my own I used them a lot, now I use them once or twice a month, Edmundsons are good with me and pricing.

My wholesaler gave me pish prices to start, Buy a bit and haggle..
i was wanted 30% off my parts.. Get the rep in and grill the bats tard!!
Parts will always be cheaper with someone else, i ring my WS it gets to me at 4pm(i know to much forward thinking needed)
its 30 mins each way to the closest and @140 a litre ---- that!!

Reply to Where's the best place to buy from in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net