Discuss Which 17th edition course do I need? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I qualified as an electrician in 2005 and I want to update to 17th edition. I don't know whether the 1 day course is what I require or whether I have to do the 3 day course.
I have an NVQ level 3 in installing and commissioning electrotechnical systems, a JIB electrician completion diploma, and a electrotechnical advanced modern apprenticeship certificate.
Any advice would be appreciated.
I'm in the Oxford area. Thanks

J

johnohagan

As far as I am aware you cannot do the update course any longer the end date with City and Guilds for that was in Dec 11 you will need to do the full 3 day course unfortunatly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh dear! I'd better ask my boss to put his hand in his wallet then. Thanks for your reply

widdler

-
Mentor
Arms
I can confirm that.

EAL do run a 1 day course but it is designed for electricians who held the 17th (red) and require updating to Amd 1 (green) - This course comes with a cert of attendance or something.

City and Guilds only do the 2382-12. Runs on numerous timeframes depending on the venue, the guided learning hours for it are 7-30 hrs.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Which 17th edition course do I need? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom