Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Which course to refresh for 16th Edition City and Guilds 236 parts i and ii in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I originally passed my City and Guilds 236 Electrical Installations parts i and ii courses, along with working 4 years for an NICEIC registered company back in 1994. In 2000 I started to work in the Fire and Security Industry, and since 2013 I have been in Rail and Telecoms, as a design /systems engineering resource.

I passed just as the 15th Edition regulations were replaced by the 16th but have not sat the 17th or 18th. I would like to get back up to date, so I could potentially design and complete electrical installations again, with some potentially being in a domestic environment. What is the best way to achieve this. I am aware of Part P but do not have in depth knowledge, I have seen the new cable colours and know the 18th Edition came in to force this year.

Thank you in advance.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I'd buy a BS7671:2018 book and look through that, for starters.
Ask questions on here as well... Most of us are helpful.... (I'm not as I'm an idiot... :) )

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd buy a BS7671:2018 book and look through that, for starters.
Ask questions on here as well... Most of us are helpful.... (I'm not as I'm an idiot... :) )
Thanks for the response. I've just looked on the IET site at getting a copy, will get one ordered. The rest, I cannot comment on.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
tlc offering 18th @ £79.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
@OP.all youneed is pass the book read exam fo 2382-18tyh, and get up to speed with this new-fangled digital meters without moving pointers .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
tlc offering 18th @ £79.
Thank you but as a paid up MIET, I can get it new from IET for £61.75 :)

@OP.all youneed is pass the book read exam fo 2382-18tyh, and get up to speed with this new-fangled digital meters without moving pointers .
I'm meterdextrous! I have found a course near me, for 2382-18 with C&G Exam, which I am thinking of doing.

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Thank you but as a paid up MIET, I can get it new from IET for £61.75 :)

I'm meterdextrous! I have found a course near me, for 2382-18 with C&G Exam, which I am thinking of doing.
OK but how much per year is IET Membership?

B

Bobster

OK but how much per year is IET Membership?
I pay around 160 ish for MIET membership. Per year

Just checked, it was exactly 160 for this years subs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask Jonny, did you sort this? I'm in a very similar situation.
I qualified at 16th edition and have been installing security systems for a long time now.
Want to get back in to electrical work.
Thanks

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Can I ask Jonny, did you sort this? I'm in a very similar situation.
I qualified at 16th edition and have been installing security systems for a long time now.
Want to get back in to electrical work.
Thanks
Welcome to the forum mate.
I have to ask, if you only have the 16th then what do you do for testing your installs?

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Which course to refresh for 16th Edition City and Guilds 236 parts i and ii in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom