Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss which CU? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

right guys, i need a CU preferably metal enclosure, 15 way or there abouts with room for a contactor. ive just picked up a schneider 16way 1 from toolstation. its not metal which i knew, but im shocked at how pants it is. so its going back tomorrow. now in the past ive fit mk boards which are metal enclosure with a plastic lid. cant remember which range it is.

any help or better options guys?

and wheres cheapest place to buy them?

C

CSEE

Wylex Boards are good value for money. i do mainly Commercial & Industrial which i use Schnedier range (Merlin Gerin or Square D) so dont really know about their Domestic range.

But its personal preference
Regards Darren

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeh ive always done commericial thats why i went for schneider but in my opinion its shockingly bad

F

Fin170

My unpopular opinion is Contactum

They're a good price and well made (in country) in my opinion. I've not used a large metal one, but according to a tender loving care website they do a 16&20 way unit or double stacked flavour in 26 and 34.

baldelectrician

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
The Schneider you have in Toolstation is rebranded Square D / Domae

Look for Merlin Gerin Schneider, you will need to go to a real wholesaler rather than Toolstation

I prefer Hager, but it's not cheap (for 3 phase / commercial)

Reply to which CU? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom