Discuss Which diamond core drill adaptors? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Looking at getting some decent high quality sds chuck adaptors, extension bars etc for dry diamond drilling. I know there are hundreds of deals online, some makes i've heard of and some which look like cheap tat, but can others give ideas of which makes you use.

Already gone down the road of buy a screwfix special set but they were real pants.

I liked the Diamak set from makita, but have to admit I would jump through hoops rather than core drill hate it ............but when I had to do it after exhasting anyone I knew who didn't mind doing them, this is what I used.

Know what you mean about core drilling. Don't really have a choice as I have 25 fans to fit over the next 3 months and don't fancy stitch drilling the chiseling out.

With coring theres no having to make good after.

Dont pooh pooh this idea but what about the short lease from hilit centers

ive got a

Hilti Online - DD 110-D Diamond coring tool

with the hoover adapter and a

Hilti Online - VC 40-U vacuum cleaner (110V) (with integrated socket): Item number: 00218345

which is the mutts nuts and usually ony need one dustsheet as the vacume is that powerfull

however use

Duradiamond, manufacturer and distributor of diamond tools

for there cores and hilti adapters a lot cheaper than hilti for there cores

been using the same 117 core bit for nearly 6 months with 3-4 cores a week

Jamie

Hi Duradiamond, Your site and products look interesting - do you have a "shop" or do you do all your trade over the internet?

Hi Murdoch,

We do accept orders over the phone, but prefer sales through the website. Once registered you will see prices tailored to you, depending on the details you give us when you register. Once logged into our site you will see add to basket prices and be able to pay through the website.

Ronnie

would just rent a drill and the core saw bit from speedy hire or HSS hire to get it out of the way, a bit big enough to do a fan would cost about 300 pounds on its own and kill off any lightweight drill, the hire companies have the proper machines and it would only cost about a tenner a day, buying a big enough drill would again add about 600 pounds to that 300 pound bit......if its in the same building where you are doing loads and loads of fans such as a new build office or a block of flats or something, I would just get a core drilling company in, they will do it in half a day...

Reply to Which diamond core drill adaptors? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net