Discuss Which dimmer switch will work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all, I have 14 led Newlec 3.6w spot lights and am looking for a dimmer switch that will work all 14. Can anyone recommend one that will do the job. Many thanks

Varilight v com will work, never had any issues with it. Think the v-pro can only handle 10 lights up to 100w but the v-com cab take up to 60
The guy in the shop give me a newlec grid dimmer 5-250w led but after fitting it, it took 20 seconds for lights to come on and they was only half bright and went straight off when tried to dim.

The guy in the shop give me a newlec grid dimmer 5-250w led but after fitting it, it took 20 seconds for lights to come on and they was only half bright and went straight off when tried to dim.
If it's anything like the varilight one it will have different settings for different loads and you control it by pressing the dimmer in a certain sequence to change the mode depending on load etc, but I'm not too sure on the newlec one

Varilight v com will work, never had any issues with it. Think the v-pro can only handle 10 lights up to 100w but the v-com cab take up to 60

I gave up on Varilight LED dimmers a while back ....... Hamilton seem reliable

14 in this case could be an issue though

I gave up on Varilight LED dimmers a while back ....... Hamilton seem reliable

14 in this case could be an issue though
I havnt tried them yet, that's why I said v-com I actually don't know of any other dimmers that will work reliably with that many lights

If it's anything like the varilight one it will have different settings for different loads and you control it by pressing the dimmer in a certain sequence to change the mode depending on load etc, but I'm not too sure on the newlec one
Yeah the newlec one also has settings but couldn’t get it in to program mode. They come on after few seconds but only half bright and that’s it. They are only 3.6 W each which is just over 50w

Yeah the newlec one also has settings but couldn’t get it in to program mode. They come on after few seconds but only half bright and that’s it. They are only 3.6 W each which is just over 50w

Thats the trouble with buying cheap tat. Normally I would enquire with the manufacturer of the luminaires, as to what brand of dimmer is compatible with their products. As Newlec or shall we say Rexel have taken to buying up all sorts of brands of products, and then boxing them up as their own, but have no technical department to enquire, your up ---- creek without a paddle. Ooopps did I just swear :eek:

Thats the trouble with buying cheap tat. Normally I would enquire with the manufacturer of the luminaires, as to what brand of dimmer is compatible with their products. As Newlec or shall we say Rexel have taken to buying up all sorts of brands of products, and then boxing them up as their own, but have no technical department to enquire, your up **** creek without a paddle. Ooopps did I just swear :eek:
lol.. true, think I will try the Varilight v-com which should do the job

Reply to Which dimmer switch will work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock