Discuss Which electric fan heater can be a in shower/wet room? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

vee

-
Reaction score
Is there such thing? The regulations assume a partition in the zoning. In this scenario the shower is a box room of about 1m by 2.5m with the shower in the far end and the loo and basin to the door. There was once a heater with the fused spur external in the hallway. Since then the shower now has been effectively turned into a wet room but the customer is elderly and feels the cold and there is no other heating in the room bar a small electric towel rail. What could I possibly fit?

What about those tubular heaters? Never used them before so dont know if they are any good or not, but seen some on TLC that are IP55. Follow advice above too of course.

Tubular heaters are used where they are providing heat to an area in the same manner as a central heating radiator.
A bathroom fan heater however, is only used for short periods of time, usually only for the duration of bathroom occupation. Hence the fan heater will have a much higher KW rating than the tubular space heating setup!!

What about those tubular heaters? Never used them before so dont know if they are any good or not, but seen some on TLC that are IP55. Follow advice above too of course.

If you use them for the potting shed or animal / chicken cot or garage workshop etc they are excellent

Reply to Which electric fan heater can be a in shower/wet room? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

i am wiring up a new en-suite: it is about 1.7m square, shower cubicle in one corner, toilet in other, door between, basin next to shower. I will...
Replies
Views
I have been asked by Trading Standards to carry out a report on some electrical work installed by another company (5 years ago). The 'new' wet...
Replies
Views
S
Hello All I am currently doing the electrics for an en-suite conversion to a wet-room for a family member. They want 6 no. 230Vac recessed...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
My wife wants a towel warmer in our small downstairs loo. The loo was once a small pantry. It is about the size of a telephone box, toilet in...
Replies
Views
N
We have a shower room off our bedroom which was there when we bought the house. I think it was put in well as generally all the electrics and...
Replies
Views
NeilF
N

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock