Discuss Which Electrical Body Are You With? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I hit none. Mostly retired now, but was with NAPIT. Would still be with them if they had kept their "Just 8" scheme and Part P hadn't been so diluted.
Still doing a bit, but avoid large notifiable stuff. I know the local LABC guys and they'll accept a cert from me anyway.:wink:

I'm with Stroma, they tend to want to uphold rules and regulations rather than create them.
Niceic is not a governing body despite what they would have the world believe.

This is the big problem, the Electrical industry is baffling even to us so when the customer is bombarded with advice from several bodies and websites trying to ensure you use there services then this what happens, I was asked if I was part P once to work in a factory on the machinery, I chuckled and explained, we need 1 non profit body to look over everyone like it used to be with the NICEIC before it turned into a profit based scheme provider.

I had a Stroma assessment a couple of weeks ago.
The guy who did the assessment was from an independent company.
He told me NICIEC were trying to take over NAPPIT at the moment.
He also told me NICIEC don't pay tax as they are a registered charity.

I'm NICEIC (AC) and also ECA, there isn't an option for ECA though. Also there is no options for BSI or Benchmark.
Well those got added but it seemed pointless looking back now lol not a single vote between them!

This is the big problem, the Electrical industry is baffling even to us so when the customer is bombarded with advice from several bodies and websites trying to ensure you use there services then this what happens, I was asked if I was part P once to work in a factory on the machinery, I chuckled and explained, we need 1 non profit body to look over everyone like it used to be with the NICEIC before it turned into a profit based scheme provider.
With "Which? Trusted Traders" jumping on the bandwagon - claiming to represent "the best" - when they actually represent only anyone who will pay them money, and relying on the public (mis)perception that they are an independent champion of the people - it's a bit like them saying: "pay-up or we'll break yer legs!!!"
Parasites - the lot of them!

With NICEIC (d) since starting, but seriously thinking of switching to Stroma for the next year. I would have done it this year but the assessment crept up on me - again - so I'm with it for another year. Reason to move is partly to save a couple of £'00 a year, but also p*****d off the unnecessary marketing to its members - which they charge us for. And don't get me started on the prices in their online 'shop' ...

i was with elecsa but I'm looking to join stroma now as have heard good things, anybody with them now had good experiences with them?

I'm with none. Never have been. Part P happened shortly after I spent thousands on training courses to get qualified. Really P*ssed me off! However, LBC are happy with my certs so who needs it? Got more work than I need and don't need a sticker for my van :)

None, never was and won't be now as I jacked it in, in 2014 to look after the wife (and partly as there were too many contractors looking for too little work and it was a rapid race to the bottom, spent more time quoting fruitlessly and dealing with dingbats wanting everything yesterday for free than working)

Last 2 months though the house phone has been ringing every other day / everyday (try getting people to delist your number...near blooming impossible) with someone chasing a sparky. Seems more than a few have went back on the books, some others have got rumbled and probably work that was getting put off now needs done, not to mention landlords wanting to get stuff sorted for sale/tenant changeovers.

Will I go back to it...tempted but...going back to it, means grief from DWP (in terms of form filling for Carers Allowance) and a load of paperwork I don't want to get back into, not to mention chasing payments / muppets wanting to haggle the price down on completion / Public Sector parasites who consider any business "crooked" etc.

Methinks I'll stay as a carer...unless the phone starts ringing every other minute...then I might pick up the tools again...

i was with elecsa but I'm looking to join stroma now as have heard good things, anybody with them now had good experiences with them?

Changed from Elecsa to Stroma at end of last year. No problems.

Just applied to renew. I've only done about 10 notifiable jobs in the last year. It's only just worth staying registered since they reduced the scope of notifiable work.

We're registered with NICEIC as AC and DI and also with NAPIT, so that'll skew the votes :)

Reply to Which Electrical Body Are You With? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock