Discuss Which Electrical Body Are You With? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Was with NIC for years, jacked it in a couple years back, now just applied with Stroma and waiting for my assessment.

I voted none, mainly because I have been living and working in Spain for the last 14 years and probably should not even be on this forum.
Very few of those bodies ring any bells with me so I assume that they have appeared during those 14 years.
Do enjoy keeping up with things back there though while working with very different installations down here.

I spend half my time putting right "registered sparks" work. I carry out commercial work and was registered with the NICEIC for ten years. On the commercial side I have never been asked for "who am I with" NEVER!
They want to see C&G certs, insurances, access equipment cards and all the H&S stuff. To be frank I was sick of paying for that corruptible gravy train. You know! they show the inspector the only three jobs they have got anywhere near right and hide the bodging rest.

I'm with the JIB.
I've purposefully stayed away from the kind of work where you have to pay £500 or so every year for the privilege of explaining to people what you've paid for only for them to tell you you should have bought something they've heard of instead.

Doing commercial & industrial work I've only every had one idiot insinuate I should be registered with the NICEIC, and that was more a case of him saying he couldn't actually do what he was telling me I was doing wrong because he wasn't registered with them. He was one of these middle aged office types who decided to take a step down to a "menial" job in his later years by putting on a builders' costume and calling himself one.

I voted none, mainly because I have been living and working in Spain for the last 14 years and probably should not even be on this forum.
Very few of those bodies ring any bells with me so I assume that they have appeared during those 14 years.
Do enjoy keeping up with things back there though while working with very different installations down here.
Hey, hows it going in Spain? Just got back from a weeks holiday in Benidorm last week :)
I noticed on the news that the weather has been really really hot there today!

Just signed up with Stroma and waiting for assessment, reason, price was a major consideration but also as the customer service rep I have been dealing with was massively helpful. It is clear from my dealings so far that they don't accept anyone and have been quite on the ball in getting everything that they legally should from me. Lets see how it goes as this is my first scheme membership.

I am not a member of any of the above but I am member of the IET, nothing flash just a basic membership I took this out while I was working at the college, I am also a member of the Unite Union as well.

I have never been registered with any of these bodies.
I will never be registered with any of these bodies.

Stroma, having moved from Elecsa after they got assimilated into the borg.
Ditto me too.
Though I`ve been with ELECSA from inception of Part P and have absolutely no complaints about the assessors or office staff. All brill folks there I would recommend to anyone. I was not pleased they jumped into bed with NICEIC but that`s not the reason I left. It was price that`s all.

When Part P was laid before parliament MPs were told it would enhance safety and cost each electrical entity about £500 per 5 years. Yer right!

I'm not a member of any at the moment, looking to join 1 soon though. Think its between stroma and nic but noone seems to recognise stroma and always ask for nic, so it doesnt look like i have much choice.

Reply to Which Electrical Body Are You With? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock