Discuss Which Electrical Body Are You With? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

When you self certify via your scheme all labc get is your notification......
I'll call them again tomorrow then as they can't really argue it, last time my friends company who are NIC sent the notification to them, so if that's all they need then that should be fine. I want to get sorted but it's so expensive otherwise.

Coming from the US I may have skewed your results by 1 as I entered none because I am basically retired but do return to the states to work sometimes. We have a Union that nationally represents a group of electrical workers but there are countless number of independent licensed and qualified electricians throughout the states. The Union is more about controlling labor in specific jurisdictions than any other aspect to do with electrical work.

i was with elecsa but I'm looking to join stroma now as have heard good things, anybody with them now had good experiences with them?

I went with Stroma to save a couple of quid over the NICEIC fee, and it was a big mistake. My assessor was a nightmare, and just wanted to brag how great he was, and gave misleading information. I passed the assessment with no advice/recommendations so it's not sour grapes. I have no doubt they aren't all as bad as him.

The problem I had consistently throughout my year's membership was that the admin side of stroma were frankly useless. Time and time again I had to chase certs up with them which made me look like I was lying to my customers. They were even sending certs out that were so poorly printed which was a joke. I raised this this issue time and time again with a manager who just gave empty promises and did nothing to improve things.

So saving £2 to £3 a week joining Stroma was definitely false economy for me. I have never had an issue with any NICEIC assessors. One assessor I had just after part P came in was a bit of a jobs worth, but not full of himself like the Stroma assessor. I have also found the admin at the NICEIC to always be on the ball.

Reply to Which Electrical Body Are You With? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock