Discuss Which EV test adaptor? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just wondering if all of you who fit EVCP have a EV tester. If so, are there any you would recommend?

I have at looked at a few. The zappi one is by far the cheapest myenergi EVSE-TEST-BOX EV Test Box - https://www.rapidonline.com/myenergi-EVSE-TEST-BOX-EV-Test-Box-65-4098?IncVat=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=surfaces&utm_campaign=shopping%20feed&utm_content=surfaces%20across%20google&pdg=pla-339508681863:kwd-339508681863:cmp-757438067:adg-98613163406:crv-428566073244:pid-65-4098:dev-c&gclid=CjwKCAjwy7CKBhBMEiwA0Eb7alqxgYoIV4vCqPL5ml11b4JD6diYAJY4Ax51rHHAK-xUalCzt2NbyRoCNQoQAvD_BwE

but it doesn't look like it has any leads if you needed to plug into an untethered EVCP. Does anyone have this unit?

You would need a type 2 to type 2 lead for it.
All socket based chargers are type 2. Only variation comes on tethered either type 1 or type 2.
I have the megger one, the uk variant has 2 leads type 2 and type 1. Whilst i dont fit many type 1 units as they are older vehicles. I do occassionally have somebody buy a used ev or have to service an older charger.
The megger and similar kewtech are both quite small so easy to carry around
I went for the megger as it simulates all the charge states in the charger but is also cheaper than the kewtech equivalent

Yep agree with Gavin, I have the Megger one as well, It's just the job comes with both type 1 & 2 adaptors (not that I've used the type1) and simulates all states of charging.
Although mine was in the mass recall as it had unsupported cables internally and aledgedly was dangerous. It was returned to Megger and repaired and returned within a week!
Sy

Reply to Which EV test adaptor? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock