Discuss Which HD LED TV in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spoon

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi people.

I have finally decided that its time to move away from my CRT TV to a HD LED TV.
I don't want (or can afford) something flash. Just a decent TV that is 36" to 40" and cost about £350. Not bothered about a 'smart' TV either.
Do any of you have any advice, comments or recommendations?

Ta
Spoon.

Don't buy a Samsung if you have Apple products - despite both companies stating they comply with standards you will have to buy extra bits to get them to work together.

For what its worth we've got a Sony Bravio - which is excellent.

Hope this helps

Im not one for buying TV's. The only reason why we have the TV we have now is that the missus brother gave it to us when he got a HD TV. I have been trying to get him to buy a 3D TV, so he will give us his HD one, but its not going to happen for a bit.
Dont want a massive one (TV that is) as it would just look out of place and I cant afford it.

A lot depends on what you want and what your needs are. If you are looking for something cheap have a look at some of the obsure brand Curry's, Tesco and Asda stuff if you are looking for something better then look at the big brand names.

TV's have evolved a lot since the CRT days and a lot depends on what devices you want to view on it and what you need to connect to it to achieve it

Main things I want to connect to it are Tivo box and PS3.

I have 2 Samsung's and a Toshiba. all are great, but I'd say the samsungs are more user friendly. I also have a HD Epson projector and 133" electric projector screen.

just don't attempt t put the goldfish bowl on top, like it is on the CRT.

just don't attempt t put the goldfish bowl on top, like it is on the CRT.

haha. The problem I might have is my 4 year old used to like running up to the TV and sticking her hands on the screen. She doesn't do it now, but she better not do it when we get a HD TV. I'm thinking of putting barbed wire round it.

WRONG! you put the barbed wire round the 4 year old. tell her it's a playpen.

are you allowed to wire up the barbed wire to the mains.... Not permanently, that would be cruel... just in pulses...

Ignore that its all marketing hype

You want a 1080p tv not

1080i or 720p/I

Ive got a samsung tv and it works good, I don't ever use the smart features.

Sony are nice but more expensive than samsung,lg etc

Utter tosh. HD ready means it will accept an HD input, HD integrated tuner means it can receive and show HD without the need for another box.

Reply to Which HD LED TV in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net