Discuss Which is better OSG (Green) Or IEE Green for Periodic Inspection Reporting and I&T? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

nazoom

Should I buy the new On Site Guide (Green colour) Or the IEE Wiring Regulation (Green) If I wanted to get more examples and explanations for Carrying out the new Periodic Inspection and Testing. Also would it containing anything regarding filling the Periodic Inspection and Testing Report with examples?

Many Thanks

Re: Which is better OSG (Green) Or IEE Green for Periodic Inspection Reporting and I&

you should buy both the green BS7671 and the osg.

Re: Which is better OSG (Green) Or IEE Green for Periodic Inspection Reporting and I&

if its just for the course then get the OSG green but eventually you will need the BS7671 amended to 2011 green as tel says

If your going down the route of filling certs out either install or EICR's you need to enter the max Zs for each circuit in question that will only be found in the BGB as the values in the OSG are different, just a heads up.

ATB S

The forms I see all ask for the Max permitted by 7671 not the tabulated found in OSG or GN 3 as I see the max being higher than the tabulated value that's what I enter maybe as you say maybe it doesn't matter.
ATB S

If you're a sparky, surely you need both and should have purchased them by now?

it's all a matter of cost. you may need 30 osg's to stand on to reach a high level CU, but you,d only need 16 regs. then again, regs books cost more. there must be a formula governing the relationship between thickness and cost. so many mm/£.

I think that the Zs figures in the OSG generally more suitable when testing as they are at an ambient temperature of 10 deg C, whereas the figures in the BGB are at operating temperature, which is why the figures in the BGB are higher. There is a note under the tables in the BGB saying that if the conductors are tested at a different temperature then the tabulated value has to be adjusted. I think that the OSG has just adjusted the figures for room temperature.

I don't disagree with anyone's view that the Zs values are more suitable for testing and checking the dis times my point was that if the OP is going to be completing certs, or possibly even answering exam questions the certs and possibly exam questions usually ask for the 'Max' Zs in BS7671 not the OSG. Perhaps I am being ----..:lol:

I don't disagree with anyone's view that the Zs values are more suitable for testing and checking the dis times my point was that if the OP is going to be completing certs, or possibly even answering exam questions the certs and possibly exam questions usually ask for the 'Max' Zs in BS7671 not the OSG. Perhaps I am being ----..:lol:

Not at all, maximum uncorrected values.
If the calculated or measured value is near to the uncorrected maximum value then the calculated or measured figure should be compared against the corrected figure for compliance.

I always read "Maximum Zs

woops ... I somehow managed to submit the post while typing ... what I meant to say was:

I always read "Maximum Zs permitted by BS7671" on EIC's to be the maximum Zs permitted at the measurement temperature, so that it can be directly compared with the measured values, but I guess it is open to interpretation as it is temperature dependant and the question doesn't specify a temperature.

My ELECSA assessor asked me where I got the max Zs figures from that I put on an EIC and I told him the OSG, and why, and he was happy with that ... I know that doesn't necessarily make it right / the only way to do it though. :)

Last edited:

on the schedule of test results there is a column that say max permitted values which are the Bs7671 values were you record exactly that max BS7671 100% values and the the other Zs column is were you record your actual measured values which you compare to the OSG or GN3 tables as these have been corrected and are 80% of the values of bs7671

the IEE now IET versions dont have the max permitted column

on the schedule of test results there is a column that say max permitted values which are the Bs7671 values were you record exactly that max BS7671 100% values and the the other Zs column is were you record your actual measured values which you compare to the OSG or GN3 tables as these have been corrected and are 80% of the values of bs7671

the IEE now IET versions dont have the max permitted column
Yea I picked up on that but have nikky and the others ?>

Reply to Which is better OSG (Green) Or IEE Green for Periodic Inspection Reporting and I&T? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock