Discuss which is the possitive cable on a smet 2 meter in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all im retired now so wouldnt mess about with anything to do with the dno, a few months ago octopus installed a smet 2 meter i have a 3.6kw solar array a lux and pylontech batteries been having problems with the lux since they fitted the meter and with the covid situation which i understand is cutting profits for installers this lux is the second one ive had the first one replaced under waranty a circuit board had blown in not a lover of the lux or there monitor system the lux can be altered remotely and software updated remotely i have complained but because of covid cant get the installers back to check it out. Because problems increased after the smet 2 smart meter was installed ive been asked to check if the sensor clamps have been put back on correctly due to not being able to pull the fuses to isolate correctly to work safe has anyone got an idea which inlet on the meter is the possitive one so i can check the clamp is on the right cable and the facing the right way
phil

Meters connections
Left to Right

Live In
Neutral In
Neutral out
Live Out

If it's Off Peak or Eco 7 there may be an additional Live out and or a smaller control wire for enabling Off peak / or switching the meter rate.

The layout has been fairly constant.

which is the possitive cable on a smet 2 meter DNO meter board.PNG - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
Meters connections
Left to Right

Live In
Neutral In
Neutral out
Live Out

If it's Off Peak or Eco 7 there may be an additional Live out and or a smaller control wire for enabling Off peak / or switching the meter rate.

The layout has been fairly constant.

View attachment 61015
Thanks mate had worked it out but clarification was great i know it shows an anolog meter but outlets on the smet 2 are the same

The picture was mainly to show the order of connections hadn't changed but also I couldn't find a picture of a Smart meter with Red Black connections.
They were all Grey sleeved with numbers or bands, 1 band for in 2 bands for out.

In the good old days Meter fitters didn't need a reminder of which cable went into which connection.
The Smart meter Fitters nowadays need all the help they can get and yet still get it wrong sometimes.

You might want to check polarity on your installation, tracing the cables should be enough to confirm.

If possible can you post a picture of your meter and service head?

Reply to which is the possitive cable on a smet 2 meter in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock