Discuss Which lighting controller do you use in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have some questions about garden lighting controllers for electricians who install garden lighting. If you don’t use controllers, feel free to tell me why not!

Here are the questions:
  • Which controllers do you recommend/do your customers ask for when installing garden lighting?
  • Why do you choose them?
  • Is there anything you dislike about them? Is there anything your customers complain about?
Look forward to learning about your experiences.

Welcome to the forum mate.
Are you thinking of getting some light yourself or are you working for a firm that sells controllers and wondering what people get?

Welcome to the forum mate.
Are you thinking of getting some light yourself or are you working for a firm that sells controllers and wondering what people get?
Hi Spoon
I'm not buying or selling anything.
Would you be able to answer some of my questions? Do you install garden lighting yourself?

For most small jobs a then something like a wise box.. If the customer has alot of money and a large garden with water features etc. I would always try to use Loxone as once the initial cost has been laid out, I could expand the system into other areas of the property as and when, but I've found most people don't want to pay the extra in my area, the gardens are just too small.

Last garden I looked at the owner wanted a few spike lights controlled by a switched fused spur. He was going to fit Philips hue lamps into them and control the with Alexa.
He already had the Hue hub and an Echo so for him it was the cheapest solution.

Last edited:

Reply to Which lighting controller do you use in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock