Discuss Which make of VDE sidecutters do you think are best? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I like my CK ones with the stripping grooves and screw cutters built in, though in fairness I don't think I've ever tried any other brand!

keep your old damaged snips , they can become what i call "demolition" snips , useful for cutting live cables , meter seals and any number of other naughty tasks.......;-)

anyways , im currently using these.......

$T2eC16J,!)UE9s3wBm2SBQt4U33lFQ~~60_12.JPG

stanley 7" high leverage vde sidecutters , bargin at around 13 notes.

however i am secretly whoring over these..........

download knipex.jpg

knipex crops , not cheap. ;-)

I've got a pair of Stanley Fatmax too, also used for what you say Biff. I got mine for about the same after someone thought they needed my NWS ones more than I did.
Those crops are ÂŁ40 in Screwfix mate, I don't think that's too bad.

im using wiha atm, i picked a pair of 160mm nws cutters and im gutted thet dont cut through 16mm as easily as the wiha (16nm earth)

biff i got a set of knipex croppers for ÂŁ25

f12df071184a29fd1a28509ec51267cf.jpg

I have a set of nws with stripping notches. The notches are great but its usually two snips to cut a cable. For thicker cables the cable cutters come out.

Reply to Which make of VDE sidecutters do you think are best? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A recent thread on the suitability of a cable supplied preinstalled on a manufactured floodlight/pump had me wondering a few things. Over the...
Replies
Views
Well....wiring in a 1750s thatched cottage attic, not wiring made from thatch 🤪 One we have been letting for over 20 years (as well as enjoying...
Replies
Views
I’m running wires to the basement for future basement finishing. I’d like to add two circuits of outlets (one on the finished side and one on the...
Replies
Views
Reaching out for some help/guidance and sanity check. Apologies in advance for the long post, but wanted to make sure it was clear. Thanks in...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock