Discuss Which multifunctional tester? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hey.

Megger MFT 1552 or if you're flush a 1553.

A few guys on here use them, myself included and never had any bother with it.

Reasonable price too.

i have had a 1552 for a while now and cant fault it the only problems have been operator error:D
the eli readings on the no trip scale are usually a bit higher than on the hi scale and can vary if you test the same point a couple of times

I do a lot of testing and use a Megger MFT 1552, it's worth it for the RCD Auto test alone. Also, when you leave it on 'Ohms' and stick it on the mains, it doesn't go 'POP'.
If I had to moan, battery life could be better and getting a PFC means doing another ELI test, that's it.

this subject interests me also. I would like to see some feed back from users of other testers ie. Kew tech , Robin or Fluke for a start. . . .

Have to admit that i have always used my trusty old Robin testers and i think im kinda stuck in my ways.

Used these when training all them years ago!

Hi i use a kewtech KT61 costs £350 in screwfix and cheaper at wilts electrical its a good tester but should have got the KT64 as the 61 although good and small dont do pfc so calc needed thats not the prob but hasnt got trip lock on efli test and has a fixed 500v ir test voltage which is a pain as cant do selv/pelv etc having said that its still good and cheap small and lite.
Regards
Kung.
p.s. Never used megger but looks a good tester or socket n see and fluke etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi i use a kewtech KT61 costs £350 in screwfix and cheaper at wilts electrical its a good tester but should have got the KT64 as the 61 although good and small dont do pfc so calc needed thats not the prob but hasnt got trip lock on efli test and has a fixed 500v ir test voltage which is a pain as cant do selv/pelv etc having said that its still good and cheap small and lite.
Regards
Kung.
p.s. Never used megger but looks a good tester or socket n see and fluke etc.

Get a Robin. You know you want to.:D

mmmm, looks like megger has got the majority vote. Ok so any body know the most cost effective supplier?

fluke 1653...really good piece of kit now i got the hang of it, few problems at the start but it was down to user error. tech support was pretty good too.Also has phase rotation which is a requirement for the NIC.:)

Reply to Which multifunctional tester? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock