Discuss Which one? 2357 or 5357? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Kuba

-
Reaction score
Is there any other difference between both other than 5357 is for Apprentices and 2357 for Improvers/mates? I'm just trying to do some research before I spend my money on the course. Also if anyone reading this has done it and proceeded to AM2, how long did the whole process take you from start to finish?

Any info appreciated!

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Kuba,

Their are really 3 ways to becoming a fully qualified electrician.

1, The C&G 2365 which is the diploma & then the NVQ portfolio of evidence & then the AM2 exam.

2. The C&G 5357 which is the apprenticeship route which includes the NVQ portfolio & AM2S exam

3. Matures candidates route then the NVQ portfolio & AM2 exam

Regarding the C&G 2365 route i have noticed that people who have done the diploma have then found it hard to get a job to do the NVQ portfolio side of it as they have no practical experience. Bit of a catch 22 situation plus your down about £8000
Xstraining do NVQ portfolio with remote assessments ie like using facetime etc at a cost.

Personally i would advise going down the apprenticeship route like I have. The wages are low the first year but if you think about using the money for what you would of paid for the C&G 2365 to fund the 1st year it will help. Also your getting all that experience working in the trade as well.

Apprenticeship takes roughly 3 to 4 years to complete. 2-3 years for Diploma then its upto you how quickly you get your NVQ & AM2 done.

Hope this helps.

Hi Loki, thanks for the input!

I have done 2365 Level 2 & 3 (& the 18th) and also found employment. By the looks of it, 2357 is the way to go for me then?

Cheers

2357 is the apprenticeship frameworks where as 5357 is the new apprenticeship standards. Basically the apprenticeship changed in 2016/17 from 2357 to 5357. This is the new style of apprenticeship which is more employer led and involves the AM2S instead of the AM2. Electrical has not really changed much but this change over from frameworks to standards has really changed other trades.

Reply to Which one? 2357 or 5357? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net