Discuss Which paperwork? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

graeme210375

Hi again

Getting certs together for my first Elecsa assesment.

My project was a CU change at my brother's flat. Notified building control as advised and completed, tested, energised and filled out the certs. All good.

Building control came and inspected the work and advised on some further work to be done, which included making good the stud wall behind the cu to improve fire barrier, (he felt the existing hole the cables were fed through the wall was too big and would allow spread of fire), I also needed to extend the conductors within the cu as he felt they could be easily placed under strain if someone was adding additional circuits and breakers, also wasn't happy with the route of the new earthing conductor (with the angle it entered the header unit).

Anyway cutting a long and tedious story short, I removed the cu and boarded behind, moved the cu 30cm to the left giving more length to the conductors (saved crimping them) and replaced the earthing conductor with a longer one allowing a better route. Re tested all circuits, and the ze.

Building control came and rechecked work and were happy with improvements.

Down to the question, do I have to issue a new installation cert for the rectification, or can I get away with a minor works, or can I just attatch the new schedule of test results to the existing cert?

I forgot to ask the building control spark.

Many thanks.

My opinion, don't bother re-doing any of the paperwork, leave it as it was when you did it originally. All you have done is move it a foot, that wont have any effect on your tests etc. So do as you have said in you last sentence. Elecsa man shouldn't be concerned as long as it is compliant, and it must be for LABC to be happy.

Cheers.......Howard

Personally, correct me if im wrong....but i wouldn't say moving the CU over warranted anything. As regards the earthing conductor, a minor works? as its a modification? can't see this warranting a full new cert.

- - - Updated - - -

....but then again its just a conductor, everything else tested fine. Yeah ignore me as Sirkit said leave it.

Thanks gents. Re test came with slightly different results, but I had bought a new tester in the meantime and used the new one to test. The only significant difference is the PFC which changed to 2.84ka from 1.47ka and the ze reduced to 0.10 ohms from 0.14 ohms. On a TNCS system. All still within limits. I ommited the fact I also replaced new meter tails for longer ones due to cu now being further from meter.

Reply to Which paperwork? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock