Discuss which phone? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
currently have a samsung galaxy II. due for upgrade this month and wondering if anyone has recommendations.. what's good and which to steer clear of.

If looking for another Android phone then steer clear of anything Samsung.

For the best Android experience always stick to Googles flagship phone, currently the Nexus 5. These run pure android with no marketing rubbish from Samsung etc slowing everything down.

Id recommend Sony's, I'm due an upgrade. I've had this 18 month's with no problems at all, real solid phone. Sony release the New android updates too which I was impressed with, not just the minor ones but full updates to ICS or jelly bean etc etc. I'm going to get the Z1, IP66 or 67 its is IIRC. Water resistance.

currently have a samsung galaxy II. due for upgrade this month and wondering if anyone has recommendations.. what's good and which to steer clear of.

First of all, do you like your current phone? If so, go for the S4. I have one and it is utterly brilliant. Stick it in an otterbox case like I have and you won't damage it.
If you want to stay away from Samsung for whatever reason, I would go for a HTC one. It has full HD camera front and back, big 4.7" full HD screen so even your duff eyes can see it, massive built in memory, great battery life and above all, as a phone should- it can make and receive phone calls with near perfect sound (for your old ears) :p
I'd personally stay away from an iPhone. I had iPhones for years from when the very first came out and they were the dogs danglies, but when I had the 4S and it was upgrade time decided on the S4 because the iPhones now IMO are crap. Look ugly, can't do as much as competitors, and break far too easily.
Hope some or all of this helps, if not, I've just wasted 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back for ---- all!

First of all, do you like your current phone? If so, go for the S4. I have one and it is utterly brilliant. Stick it in an otterbox case like I have and you won't damage it.
If you want to stay away from Samsung for whatever reason, I would go for a HTC one. It has full HD camera front and back, big 4.7" full HD screen so even your duff eyes can see it, massive built in memory, great battery life and above all, as a phone should- it can make and receive phone calls with near perfect sound (for your old ears) :p
I'd personally stay away from an iPhone. I had iPhones for years from when the very first came out and they were the dogs danglies, but when I had the 4S and it was upgrade time decided on the S4 because the iPhones now IMO are crap. Look ugly, can't do as much as competitors, and break far too easily.
Hope some or all of this helps, if not, I've just wasted 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back for ---- all!

Im the same, had iPhones for years but upgraded to the HTC one mentioned above about 8 months ago and wouldn't go back now, battery lasts all day easily and the big screen is great for the internet. It's a canny size compared to a samsung galaxy as well if that would bother you? I have to take mine out my jeans pocket to sit down sometimes!

Using the S III at the minute, loving it, seems very reliable, good battery etc. S IIII seems a fortune for what it is.

I went from iphone to Samsung galaxy s3 and wouldn't go back, much better phone in my opinion.
thinking about going for s4 on next upgrade.

think it's the XL. and yes i know all about 4g. what use is it. it doesn't give a better signal. which is what it's all about. no use having all this fancy android stuff if you can't use it as a phone.

Reply to which phone? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock