Discuss which qualification is best for nvq? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Joppers

Hi

I have finished the 2330 lvl 2 and 3 and am looking to get the nvq done, im 35 so couldnt get an apprenticeship, i finished college june last year and have been waiting to get on the nvq, my college are now saying i can do the 2357 nvq but will cost £3500+, looking on the website this looks like im paying to do the whole lot over again, i thought i would be able to do a few bridging units and then the nvq + am2 i was expecting to pay about £1500+

Anyone have any help if this is right, wrong?

Thanks

Leon

If you have completed level 2 and 3 2330 you dont have to complete the full 2357 you can just do a few bridging units I think its just the renewable energy unit and they do the nvq 3 and am2, you definatly dont have to start over again, I paid 1400 a year for 3 years to do the 2357 so you will probily only have to pay about 1400 to complete wjat u need.

Its hull college that have quoted me 3500 for two years, without the am2, i did my 2330 at hull college and they are good, but it seems to be twice the amount quoted online by places like tradeskills

Try XS Training they used to do the 2356 NVQ lv3 and i am sure they also do the 2357 , You would only need to do the elements that your missing eg build a portfolio and you may have to do a unit for renewalbles which is now in the 2357 and 2365 not deffo on this bit though contact them and ask

Hi i m 40 years old and i work as a spark.I became electrician upto 16th edition in cyprus.I took one of the fast track courses with new career skills and they gone bust so no qualifications what so ever.I lost £5500 and two years with them.I m self employed and unlike the qualified youngsters(no offence to anyone guys) i can do the job.So far i worked for Jaguar Land Rover texaco and shell petrol stations co-op shops and now house bashing.I only have my ipaf did today my citb health and safety and i need to get my cscs card.Can i apply for a labourers card and work as electrician until i gain my am2 nvq 3?Any ideas how to get my qualifications through a college anywhere near the liverpool area?

Fanos as you have already said you have no electrical qualifications you would need to enrol at your local college and complete the 2365 courses level 2 and 3. The you would need to find employment with someone willing to sponsor you for the NVQ and am2 it's a long process mate.

Hi i m 40 years old and i work as a spark.I became electrician upto 16th edition in cyprus.I took one of the fast track courses with new career skills and they gone bust so no qualifications what so ever.I lost £5500 and two years with them.I m self employed and unlike the qualified youngsters(no offence to anyone guys) i can do the job.So far i worked for Jaguar Land Rover texaco and shell petrol stations co-op shops and now house bashing.I only have my ipaf did today my citb health and safety and i need to get my cscs card.Can i apply for a labourers card and work as electrician until i gain my am2 nvq 3?Any ideas how to get my qualifications through a college anywhere near the liverpool area?
Confused.com here

Reply to which qualification is best for nvq? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net