Discuss Which sectors work in evenings? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi chaps, which sector in the electrical industry work evenings?

Domestic sector which im fairly familiar with work day time, at times running into evenings which is not feasible for me around my current job.

Why im asking this is, I'm looking for evening work but all the jobs on indeed and the likes advertise full time hours which im unable to do around current electrical fitter job from 8am-4pm.

Whether it's paid(ideally) or free labouring, I have loads of hours free which I can better use learning a trade which I foresee my future in.

If any member needs a worker from 5pm till 10/11pm weekdays or anytime on weekends. Im free to work benefiting both parties.

Travel upto 30 mile radius from derby... around notts, Leicester, Chesterfield etc.

Try some agencies mate they might have call outs they need coverage for?...or set yourself up as emergency cover for domestic,landlords etc good luck to you

5 - 10/11 is only 6 hours at best, and an odd time to start, I can't imagine many jobs happening in those hours.

Evening/night work is usually going to be due to work needing to be done outside of normal business hours, so expect later starts than 5 and much later finishes than 11.

The only predominant jobs which was night shift was maintenance on the underground and Supermarket Fitouts. Essex electrical used to do the Tescos around the country. They usually ran a day and night crew.

Working in the underground basement area at night with electrical connection is sometimes tricky.
Hi chaps, which sector in the electrical industry work evenings?

Domestic sector which im fairly familiar with work day time, at times running into evenings which is not feasible for me around my current job.

Why im asking this is, I'm looking for evening work but all the jobs on indeed and the likes advertise full time hours which im unable to do around current electrical fitter job from 8am-4pm.

Whether it's paid(ideally) or free labouring, I have loads of hours free which I can better use learning a trade which I foresee my future in.

If any member needs a worker from 5pm till 10/11pm weekdays or anytime on weekends. Im free to work benefiting both parties.

Travel upto 30 mile radius from derby... around notts, Leicester, Chesterfield etc.
Are you from America or the UK Labour

I have a regular,busy session,between 11pm and 4am,mainly business men,and out of towners...the money isn't bad,but i'm getting sick of the tight clothing and make-up...

It actually depends upon the experience of the one who handles that with care. Yes, but for the regular electrician who works there several times, it is not that much hard either in the Pedestrians or in the underground.

Reply to Which sectors work in evenings? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock