Discuss Which Van is best for an electrical contractor? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Im away to have a look at a Vauxhall Combo 1.7 at the weekend. its 11 year old but only done about 60k. Anything i should watch out for on these models? seen a few guys recommend them on here. This could be my first van.

Depends on the engine.

At that age you may have one of the very first CDTI (Z17DTH) 100bhp models which are brilliant and the important parts are all Isuzu. Or it may have the DI or DTI engines. Both the earlier engines are sound but wont win you any races as they were a bit underpowered.

All 3 variants were good on fuel.

Can you guys reply to this thread with the make and model of the van you use please?

I'm going to make a poll, but need some options to add to it.

Perhaps leave out whether its LWB or SWB etc for now, just the van make and model should do.

Thought it'd be an interesting thread for guys who are looking to swap their van to a different brand or whatever etc.

Attachments

• Which Van is best for an electrical contractor? mega_deals_slider-478x225 - EletriciansForums.net
    mega_deals_slider-478x225.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
2004 Toyota Hiace with dents and fake bullet holes. ( theft deterrent ).

2003 Mercedes sprinter, medium wheel base, high roof. She's done 230,000 miles now and still purrs like a kitten, though the body work is a bit shot. :smiley2:

Just read 'When you dead you dead' by Guy Martin and he swears by the Transit. Says he gets 100k miles per set of brake pads!

I got to meet Guy Martin early May this year, he's a very strange character, in person.

I always liked the ford vans, but a good friend of mine runs a commercial repairs center & van dealership. He kept urging me to go Mercedes he reckons they are the most reliable van on the market. Eventually I gave in, best decision I ever made.

2 x Vauxhall Vivaros and a Vauxhall Astra

I got to meet Guy Martin early May this year, he's a very strange character, in person.

I always liked the ford vans, but a good friend of mine runs a commercial repairs center & van dealership. He kept urging me to go Mercedes he reckons they are the most reliable van on the market. Eventually I gave in, best decision I ever made.

Apparently he doesn't really like speaking to the public much, according to his book. He even goes events now where people wont expect him. And does cycling races in places people wont go (in the highlands etc) so that he doesn't get hounded. He doesn't do the TT since he got a bit famous because people seem to expect him to sign autographs and he isn't there for that, so he says.

Reply to Which Van is best for an electrical contractor? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock