Discuss White accessories only for dual backbox? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 112675

Hello All

Firstly, apologies for two threads almost at the same time - I promise this will be my last question for a little while!

So I don't understand what is the reason or the reg for not allowing metal sockets on a dual, metal, flush backbox? Would it be a C2 or C3 (assuming both are on the same circuit/mcb)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also wondering.

Can’t think of a reason why you can’t do it.
Can’t think of a reg that mentions it.

Why do you think it should not be done?

I am also wondering.

Can’t think of a reason why you can’t do it.
Can’t think of a reg that mentions it.

Why do you think it should not be done?

Thanks for quick reply James.

IF you look here it says "white accessories only".
Is it maybe because not all metal ones would physically fit? The ones I have do fit hence why I'm wondering if I can do it or not.

Most metal decorative accessories are wider that standard white ones, and it will often be impossible to fix two metal ones side by side in a dual 1G box.

Instead, you can put two single boxes side by side with enough of a gap that any faceplate will fit.

Yes. Purely down to the physical size of metal or other decorative faceplates.

Most metal decorative accessories are wider that standard white ones, and it will often be impossible to fix two metal ones side by side in a dual 1G box.

Instead, you can put two single boxes side by side with enough of a gap that any faceplate will fit.

Well maybe I got a bit lucky as I'd already bought everything from the bg nexus line and the plates seem to fit ! I'm glad I checked there wasn't any electrical reason for it though. Thanks a lot for your time.

Reply to White accessories only for dual backbox? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net