Discuss Who Are You Registered With? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Spudnik

As above really.

Let us know who you use to notify your installations and give us a little explanation why.

Please keep to the topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jason
Not yet registered but will get assessed soon will prob go with the NIC mainly as most people/customers know who they are and have most dvds/books they do so might look a bit bad if got elecsa/napit assessed etc.

hi jason,

i am with the niceic, my reasoning on this is that if you have to be with an organisation you may as well be with the one the general public is aware of. saying that i know of three local sparkys who have recently changed to elecsa am keeping an eye on the situation.

stevo

just registered with niceic.
only reaon is that this is the name 99.9% of customers are familiar with :eek:
if the other schemes raise their public profile i wouldnt have a problem with elecsa or napit as they both seem very popular ;)

I am registered with Elecsa, never been registred with anyone else because i have only been self employed for 4 years. i have found them to be very helpfull with the assessment procedure, easy to notify jobs with and have a good technical hep department.

my mate who used to be with Nic then went over to Napit.....soon later he then went back to NIC. due to Insurance issue, he was said alot of insurance company doesn't want to know Napit, but you with Nic then it's easy. Even thought Nic is much more expensive.!!!!......well hope it help....!!!

I have been looking into this and corgi and elecsa have similar prices... i would choose one of those over the others. At the end of the day all i need to be is part p compliant so i dont really fancy spending a fortune in the process, and i gather NIC are rather expensive.

I have been looking into this and corgi and elecsa have similar prices... i would choose one of those over the others. At the end of the day all i need to be is part p compliant so i dont really fancy spending a fortune in the process, and i gather NIC are rather expensive.
all the schemes prices are comparable unless you want to include periodics then nic are out of touch:eek:
i based my choice on asking people with no knowledge of the electrical industry but had only ever heard of niceic and that is why they look for niceic when looking for a spark ;)

I'm not registered yet, but when I do, I'll go with the ECA. I have heard it from others that the NICEIC look after the customer and not the electrician. Whereas, the ECA look after the electrician and are helpful to them. That was enough to make my mind up. I'm only just nearing the end of my Level 2 at the moment, (Unit 3&4 assessment is 9 days away).

I'm not registered yet, but when I do, I'll go with the ECA. I have heard it from others that the NICEIC look after the customer and not the electrician. Whereas, the ECA look after the electrician and are helpful to them. That was enough to make my mind up. I'm only just nearing the end of my Level 2 at the moment, (Unit 3&4 assessment is 9 days away).
ive heard the same mr.si but i would rather have my phone ringing with customers who want an niceic registered spark than a helpline that is easier to use ;)

Hi Harvey
Think its about £450 inc VAT all in best to give them a quick call for price but £450 wont be far wrong.
Regards
Kung.

Hi all! newbie here! thanks for my warm welcome so far!

firstly, i dont mean to steal this post but im really interested in this discussion and is one of my top resaons for joining a forum in the first place. by the way, i didnt choose this forum just to join in, in this post! i chose the best :)

basically im a sole trader and have been a spark for about 12 yrs but only self employed for appox 4rs. 3yrs of this has been subcontracting to firms and agencies etc but i am know trading purely on my own clients. i have been helping a mate/competetor on his contracts recently and he has been able to sign off my work too. its now obviously got to the stage where i need to be part p registered etc myself for obvious reasons or its pointless trading.

i would really appreciate any advice or comments on this process and advice on which body to choose? have had a natter with nic and may opt that route, although my mate is elecsa and is over the moon with their service? anyone else?

i do have some more q's to ask but im a newbie and appreciate this is not my thread! again, hi to all and hi to harvey!

Not registered yet but going with NICEIC seems to be the best known and Im told you cant get any work from the council without it?

Chris

Looking to register just now after decades out of the business. I am probably going to go with NAPIT because they appear to cater for industrial as well as domestic. I could be wrong and welcome any input.

Cheers, Ron

Ron55,
if you've gone through apprentice training and worked hard all your life in the electrical feild,
kept up with changing regs etc, it really doesn't feel good to be told that you can't do pir's unless you pay more monies by people sitting in chairs all day !!! you can't go wrong with NAPIT. I haven't found any prejudice with councils or other organisations, and if you did, NAPIT actually sort it out.
There is one criteria they insist on, and that's the 2391. As an experienced sparky, it's not really a problem, and NAPIT do give a window of a year to gain it. ( assesors are old sparks and know what they're looking for)
Good luck with who ever you choose....Regards, Kev

Not registered to anyone as i am a maintenace manager in a factory. But guess i would proably go with NIC if i wanted to hear the phone ring. But have to say i like schemes that look after thier tradesman like you gentlemen! :rolleyes:

niceic fully approved carnet see the point of domestic installer to get charged for add-on’s to do my work. and thay are better know with the gen public

Reply to Who Are You Registered With? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock