Discuss Who shall we say thankyou too on this forum? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's been a few years since I did a thankyou thread..... so here's another one.

I still miss the 'thanks' button @Dan (wink smiley)

Let's mention which members we think stands out as particularly helpful on a regular basis...

I can't choose @Richard Burns this time as he is taking an extended sabbatical.

My top 3 (apologies if I have forgotten anyone obvious) in no particular order...

@pc1966
@Lucien Nunes
@davesparks

They all have loads of knowledge and are really helpful on a regular basis.

I know it's a bit of a soppy thread for us manly (and Julie and SC) electricians, but thanks guys :)

@westward10 , sorry chap, you just missed out, tough call though :)

Thanks folks for the mentions!

Lots of folk here I could vote for, obviously @Julie. and @Lucien Nunes stand out for extensive theory, while @westward10 and @davesparks have encyclopedic knowledge of regs and obscure hardware, but many, many others as well with years of experiance.

Also to add that its not just those providing the answers, also those asking questions in the first place. Some folk lack the courage to ask thinking they will appear to lack knowledge, others alas simply don't give a damn about their work.

Given that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts I would vote @Dan and Lou for getting and keeping this forum alive. The usual suspects mentioned above are indeed some of the most knowledgeable contributors going beyond even what I understand. So it is great to be able to assay ones self against such "grades" of knowledge and have a sense of how much more there is to learn. Personally I would have put @westward10 (and myself come to think of it!) up there. But then where do you stop? You are all a great bunch and each contribute knowledge and a bit of humanity that keeps me coming back. Look at Tel and Pete, they have probably forgotten more than half a dozen of know. I think the greatest thing about this forum is when I am out of my depth or skill set, that I can come here and get assistance, which is invaluable.

How could we forget Marconi!? The lengths he has gone to when trying to resolve peoples' problems have been incredible.

Me personally - I just say plugtop every now and again. Every little helps.

Thanks HHD! But we must not forget the most important fact about the forum which is that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Individually all the regulars know a thing or two about electrics, but collectively there's very little that the forum can't answer or have a constructive brainstorm about. That can only be done when there are different angles on a given topic thanks to the wide variety of different fields of work and experiences of the members.

Um.... you missed the button there @DPG

I've sorted it. Not sure what happened there ;-)

Hope you are all having a good Saturday. We in south Yorkshire are now in tier 3. But I'm not bothered - I'm sat listening to Dr. Hook and the Proclaimers with my wife. May have had a few beers and a dark spiced rum or two. Earthing system is TNC-S.

Hope you are all having a good Saturday. We in south Yorkshire are now in tier 3. But I'm not bothered - I'm sat listening to Dr. Hook and the Proclaimers with my wife. May have had a few beers and a dark spiced rum or two. Earthing system is TNC-S.
TT at the moment, and that is tea total

As long as it isn't TT and you're sitting on the earth electrode! ?

Trying to get some Boney M on, but the mrs isn't having any of it. Where's me tin foil trousers.

Reply to Who shall we say thankyou too on this forum? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net