Discuss Who shall we say thankyou too on this forum? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I'm only a lowly "domestic installer" with hugs gaps in knowledge, but I've had a fair amount of experience at the domestic sharp end, so happy to pitch in with real life experience where I can, or knowledge from where I've looked into things enough to understand them and recently enough to remember them!

"real life" training seems to be one of the things the electrical industy is really bad at, but I've learnt far more from some of the experienced members on here that I ever could browing the regs book at night. Electrical knowledge/experience is something that should be shared not kept secret or behind a paywall in a BS (both meanings) standard.

Also great to have a place to vent about things where the other person has a vague clue what you are talking about!

I'm only a lowly "domestic installer" with hugs gaps in knowledge, but I've had a fair amount of experience at the domestic sharp end, so happy to pitch in with real life experience where I can, or knowledge from where I've looked into things enough to understand them and recently enough to remember them!

"real life" training seems to be one of the things the electrical industy is really bad at, but I've learnt far more from some of the experienced members on here that I ever could browing the regs book at night. Electrical knowledge/experience is something that should be shared not kept secret or behind a paywall in a BS (both meanings) standard.

Also great to have a place to vent about things where the other person has a vague clue what you are talking about!
Lowly domestic installer, I think you do yourself down because from your posts you underestimate yourself.

This place is amazing and there's no way I could name all of the significant number of members whose input I find informative, humorous, often fascinating and extremely valuable. There are obviously some members with exceptional knowledge, but equally I love reading posts from which the years of experience are apparent. For the most part information is freely shared without ego or any effort at one-upmanship and that alone sets this place out from many internet forums.

I'm like a stray dog that wandered in here, but people have been very accepting when I type out replies without thinking (try to stick to reading and absorbing, but sometimes fingers type faster than brain can operate). There are countless questions I'd love to ask, but most of those can keep until such times as situations arise to warrant their asking.

I've sorted it. Not sure what happened there ;-)

Hope you are all having a good Saturday. We in south Yorkshire are now in tier 3. But I'm not bothered - I'm sat listening to Dr. Hook and the Proclaimers with my wife. May have had a few beers and a dark spiced rum or two. Earthing system is TNC-S.
Had to give you a like there DPG!"
Its officially a love in.

Thanks HHD! But we must not forget the most important fact about the forum which is that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Individually all the regulars know a thing or two about electrics, but collectively there's very little that the forum can't answer or have a constructive brainstorm about. That can only be done when there are different angles on a given topic thanks to the wide variety of different fields of work and experiences of the members.
I agree wholeheartedly about the way things often get approached from different angles by people with different experiences in different fields can often make the most mundane subject or questions turn into very interesting discussions.

I wouldn't like to list those to whom I'd like to say thank you , simply because I might miss/offend someone! However, there are many on here who bring leaning from diferent areas, some of which is far beyond my brainpower, especially the theory stuff, and others who bring solid, practical and clever advice, not to forget humour as well. I consider myself independent but truly acknowledge that this forum has kept me in touch during isolation periods...it's a great resource and helps those who may feel cut-off from the outside world at times. Keep those contributions coming, boys and girls, you are helping members in many different ways.

This place is a testament to the staff who run it. A really friendly and knowledgeable forum. Met some good friends on here. I'd thank all the staff first, but then all the regular members past and present too. Way too many to name.

I thank the people who were ddossing in us a while back which made me find awesome hosting and ddos protection.

And I thank all our competitors for making me crank it up a few gears to stay ahead of the game.

??????

It's nice to be back after a self imposed sabattical myself. Sad that we've lost some of the old guard but enjoying the input of new replacements. This place has kept me sane, frustrated, perplexed, educated..... often in the same sentence. I've met 8 or 9 of you all in real life now, too.

It's nice to be back after a self imposed sabattical myself. Sad that we've lost some of the old guard but enjoying the input of new replacements. This place has kept me sane, frustrated, perplexed, educated..... often in the same sentence. I've met 8 or 9 of you all in real life now, too.
Every year I look forward to going to the Coventry Elex and meeting a few of the guys here. Every year I end up working. I have never been! :-(

Every year I look forward to going to the Coventry Elex and meeting a few of the guys here. Every year I end up working. I have never been! :-(
It's never been like that for me, I've just made the most of my travelling and looked people up for a beer if I've been close to them. The exception probably being TC and Neil who I did a jobs with and Dill who I suddenly realised was subbing on the same job I was! I even attempted to catch up with one of our esteemed members in Saudi when I was there one time. Actually, the longer I think about it the more people I'm remembering - probably more like 15 maybe!

Have only met one member. Sold him some old electrical encyclopedias.

have met a couple of members face to face......GMES, Glennsparks, Paul M, gravid., Lister, all good guys.

Reply to Who shall we say thankyou too on this forum? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock