Discuss who watched cowboy builders on channel 5 in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

They seemed keen to condem the first fix as being 'left live' without so much as waving a volt stick near it, but i suppose if an "expert" had turned up and said "yeah it's fine, nothing wrong with that at all, you're worrying over nothing" it wouldn't do anything to justify the existence of the programme.

I think the cables in the plastic bag could have been left differently - the householder stated when it rained the bag filled with water and "the electric tripped" suggesting it was still connected to the cu, whether or not it was live.

I think that the buildings are probably quiet bad but they probably make it look worse for the TV.

Another question that I quite often think when watching it. If Melinda Messenger asked you to help them by finishing the work for free would you do it? I know they offer your name to whizz by at the end of the show but its not the greatest of adverts is it?

I think that the buildings are probably quiet bad but they probably make it look worse for the TV.

Another question that I quite often think when watching it. If Melinda Messenger asked you to help them by finishing the work for free would you do it? I know they offer your name to whizz by at the end of the show but its not the greatest of adverts is it?

And....what percentage have said no?

Love the bit when she asked the firemen do you know any builders, sure they all could have replied,yes we all are, only four days a week.:D

What was up with the carrier bag,i thought it was good working practice to put an IPX4 tesco enclosure round the electrics because don't forget the roof was leaking too ha ha:eek:

well i have enclosed a cable in a bag and sealed it when carrying out works..! mind you was not connected to the cu mind it was purely to stop any crap sticking to the cable ends..!

personally i wold be more worried about the foundations than the electrics....

oh look another wire for some thing.... hmmm maybe if they asked the customer they probably would have said oh yes thats for the mirror light or somit...! builders dont just put random wires in walls...! well one i know dont!

another shot of Mels --- again climbing in to the fire engine..!

hey i dont mind firemen only working 4 on 4 off.... as long as they there when i need them.. refreshed and not tired from previous shift to help me safely..!!

Would probably do a bit and just make sure I was wearing a big company T shirt the whole time with me number on it.

They do need to get their facts right, though. I volunteer to give Melinda a thorough spanking until she apologises :D

just another little point , should their sparks not have used a 17th edition jb with cable clamps. as far as the carrier bag if he had used a sainsbury carrier it has holes therfore a drainage point and maybe wouldnt have tripped

I think if i did it I would wear a sandwich board with my company details on as i worked or do you think it would get in my way slightly?

Reply to who watched cowboy builders on channel 5 in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net