Discuss Who's on furlough then? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

GBDamo

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Been stood down today.

I reckon the money not spent o KFCs and Maccy Ds will make up for the loss of 20%.

Hope everybody manages in these difficult times, especially those who are employers and self employed

I've a feeling we may be better off in the short term all the work related expenses removed.

Its going to be interesting spending so much time with family.

Both myself and the wife are now out of work for the foreseeable

Likewise here too finished yesterday, been doing jobs round the house and yard today. Getting worried that this isn't going to last long enough for the list of jobs that the o/h is expecting to be completed while I'm off. Only been 9 years since I started some of them:rolleyes:

Likewise here too finished yesterday, been doing jobs round the house and yard today. Getting worried that this isn't going to last long enough for the list of jobs that the o/h is expecting to be completed while I'm off. Only been 9 years since I started some of them:rolleyes:
Ive got a drive ti jetwash after a month of skips and bulk bags its a right two and eight.

Only 9 years....honestly some women have no patience at all....

Business as usual for me! Don't think it'll last long though as our customers are starting to close their premises and the ones that are open don't necessarily want contractors coming in

Not on furlough as such as I'm self employed. The lack of scaffolding is delaying some jobs.
I may do the couple of EICRs I have booked in for empty houses. They have been empty for around 2 weeks now so happy to work in them.
I am fortunate that I am in a lucky position of having savings that means I can sit out this if it goes on for a few months. Beyond that it is uncertain. I don't have childrenand have quite low overheads so am not too worried.
For those who do have commitments I don't envy you. But 80% is better than signing on

i personally don't have savings at all, halifax and lloyds bank saw them off with ill advised investments that lost half the value over 5 years. but we are in a good position at the moment. mrs.tel still earning (works at home anyway) and our combined pensions will keep us fed for a while.

Nope, told its not applicable to my industry (coach building/motorsport hospitality/race trailers).

Boss says as we have not been told to shut, and we can stay 2 metres apart, and do not travel outside the workshop, we are not eligible to be "furlough'd"

And TBH i would rather work, 3+ weeks at home would be tedious....

Nope, told its not applicable to my industry (coach building/motorsport hospitality/race trailers).

Boss says as we have not been told to shut, and we can stay 2 metres apart, and do not travel outside the workshop, we are not eligible to be "furlough'd"

Unless your making emergency vehicles then I'd say your boss is pulling a fast one.

Very irresponsible approach to the situation. Obviously your boss is only trying to look after himself.

i personally don't have savings at all, halifax and lloyds bank saw them off with ill advised investments that lost half the value over 5 years. but we are in a good position at the moment. mrs.tel still earning (works at home anyway) and our combined pensions will keep us fed for a while.
Mis sold investments are the new ppi. My old school mate had a stocks and shares investment with barclays. Took the advice a few years back. It lost money.
Heard the ad on radio and claimed. They gave him back his losses plus interest.
Worth a look I would say

had a look at that.Goodwin Barrat. they take half of the payback (well.48%). still worth a try.

Unless your making emergency vehicles then I'd say your boss is pulling a fast one.

This is a list of businesses that must shut down:

As we are not forced to close, and business is not effected (as months of work ready to be done).

I would be surprised if the government would pay to "furlough" us.
There will be a lot more caveats in this scheme in order to claim, than they make out.

This is a list of businesses that must shut down:

As we are not forced to close, and business is not effected (as months of work ready to be done).

I would be surprised if the government would pay to "furlough" us.
There will be a lot more caveats in this scheme in order to claim, than they make out.
You cannot be working for any period of time to claim wages through the furlough system.

Furloughed is required for the HMRC covering 80% of your wages.
You can not work On behalf of the company if you are furloughed
[automerge]1585125454[/automerge]
Who's on furlough then? F812B238-EE37-4F4D-A15A-D8359A66828D - EletriciansForums.net
[automerge]1585125655[/automerge]

Attachments

• Who's on furlough then? 9FDB017A-172B-41B6-80E7-0ED9D6421AA0 - EletriciansForums.net
    9FDB017A-172B-41B6-80E7-0ED9D6421AA0.png
    220.8 KB · Views: 6

Reply to Who's on furlough then? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock