Discuss Why arent my Qualifications on back of JIB Card in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

_gibbz_

I have just recently sent off and received my first graded JIB card. i am now classed as an installation electrician.

My problem is on the back of the card it lists my qualifications as:
NVQ 3 and 17th Edition

I have also achieved my AM2 and C & G 2330 Level 2,3 plus other add on courses, but these are not printed on the back of my card, despite me sending off all certificates and qualifications, does anyone know why this is?

Well you can't become graded as electrician without the tech certs so I wouldn't bothered because all employers are looking for on your card is the word electrician.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

i see, i was just checking with other lads who have their cards because i wasnt too sure, i expected my am2 wrote on because i know not everyone does theres, but nevermind, thanks

All the AM1, AM2, 2360, 2330 etc etc fall in the category of 'completed apprenticeship'.

In oreder for this to be on your card you will have needed to have completed ALL aspects of the apprenticeship and recieved your electricians diploma. This included (when I was training) the 'key skills' courses such as 'application of number' 'IT' & 'communication' I think they were called.

If any of these areas weren't completed then you didn't get 'completed apprenticeship' printed on the back of your card along with any additional courses such as regs, insp & test, design etc.

Doesn't mean you havn't done the 2360, 2330 etc just maybe not all the add on crap that came about when I was in tech.

Reply to Why arent my Qualifications on back of JIB Card in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net