Discuss Why has this note disappeared in Amendment 2 of BS7671? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

spud1

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi All,

Can anyone shed any light on why the note from indent ii) of regulation 702.410.3.4.3 has disappeared in the most recently published version of BS7671?
I quote;

"NOTE: Where a PME earthing facility is used as the means of earthing for the electrical installation of a swimming pool or other basin, it is recommended that an earth mat or earth electrode of suitably low resistance, e.g. 20 ohms or less, be installed and connected to the supplementary protective equipotential bonding."

Has this recommendation been rescinded or just re-purposed in another part of the book?

I don't have the new version either, but it was mooted to have earth rods for TN-C-S cases so there might be something elsewhere on this matter.

Another possibility is they are now recommanding TT for such special areas, but again, not something I have looked in to.

Reply to Why has this note disappeared in Amendment 2 of BS7671? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Eh up :) I've done some new PDF forms for BS7671 18th Edition Amendment 2 2022 (the Big Brown Book), based on the IET model forms. You can fill...
Replies
Views
Yes, it's another EICR coding question - hurrah! :blush: Inspecting a small 1 bed 70s ex-council flat that was going well. Main Bonding had...
Replies
Views
I know how I was taught to test a RCD, 6 tests in all two no go, two under 300 mS and 2 under 40 mS with no load. But thinking about it not so...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I know this has come upquite often, I have gone back through the many threads relating tothis topic. The reason for wanting to...
Replies
Views
GEOFF S
G
I've had my work assessed which has raised a question about Extraneous-conductive-part. I just want to be sure I fully understand this. BS7671...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock