Discuss Why is one plug getting hot and the other isn’t? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ej1749

DIY
Reaction score
My Tesla UMC plug gets extremely hot and then defaults to the max output of 5amps after about 20 mins.

However, I tried my brothers Tesla UMC and it stays cool at 10amps for hours on end.

I mixed and matched the plug adapters to the module bit, and diagnosed that it is defo my plug part of the charger.

In the photos I know the fuse needs cleaning. I did change it a week ago, not that it needed changing. The old fuse had melted the fuse cover and it had melted plastic stuck over it. It still worked though.

The fuse clips are tight and the fuse isn’t loose. Neither are the pins on the plug.
(The picture is too large to upload. The fuse is blue on one side and shiny metal on the other).

Does anyone have any idea what this could be as Tesla design it so a layman cant open the plug to change it.

I am getting it replaced under warranty, but I have been trying to figure it out for about a month and it’s been eating away a me. Any advice would be grateful 🙂

If photos taken by a phone, my workaround is to take a screenshot of cowing the photograph, then edit the photo by cropping the excess screen image. Leaves you with a smaller duplicate.

There didn’t used to be a size limit on image uploads, so it’s something new been introduced with or without the forum owners knowledge.

Reply to Why is one plug getting hot and the other isn’t? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a question which is confusing me and I cannot find a definitive answer and I hope someone can help. So I have a PC and Monitor and I have...
Replies
Views
I am looking for advice on getting an upgraded 25 meter extension cable from my office into my car park to charge my EV from an IP66 rated socket...
Replies
Views
Sorry two questions today. We had the kitchen rewired based on existing units, but with a slightly new layout it puts the dishwasher right over...
Replies
Views
Hello All I was hoping for some advice. We have a microwave and recently after cleaning, as soon as the microwave was plugged in, a loud humming...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock