Discuss Why lights are all beginning to flicker, basement now upstairs bathroom light is slowly beginning to in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Becess01

DIY
Reaction score
Taped a cracked light socket and it worked but was dim thought tightening the tape would help but it started rapidly flickering with a buzzing noise didn't use that light again, now two more lights are flickering without the buzzing, and it's starting to flicker In the upstairs bathroom without the buzzing I might add, doesn't matter bathroom or basement but at times when the lights flicker feels like you blinked

Sounds like you need to get yourself an electrician to investigate. They will replace your light switch and if that doesn`t solve the issue , investigate further. It sounds like a loose connection is affecting the whole circuit. Needs looked asap.

Reply to Why lights are all beginning to flicker, basement now upstairs bathroom light is slowly beginning to in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have the typical LED on Dimmer switch. All the lights flicker in my house are very inconsistent times. By let me clarify by saying all the...
Replies
Views
I have several rooms of downlight fittings with non-dimmable 5W GU10 mains AC LED bulbs, making about 150W total. They run off a single 1.5mm twin...
Replies
Views
We are working on updating a house from 1981. A little backstory about the house: the previous owner bought it new and, based on stories from...
Replies
Views
In our house's master bedroom, we have an interesting setup. We have a kill switch to cut power to the room due to my Dad's EMF concerns. (Nothing...
Replies
Views
A bit of a mini essay but these questions have been building up in my mind over the last weeks and months as I've been studying and volunteering...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock