Discuss Why my breaker tripped? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

sew333

-
Reaction score
Hello. Today first time something tripped breaker in my house. I mean i was sitting on Windows 10 desktop ,like always and i hear BUM from fuse box. And power go down. Pc turned off.
I have that pc almost 1 year and something like that never happened. I think there was not circuit overload,because all devices was off,like tv,washer etc. Only pc was on. And nothing get damaged. Anybody have clue why it happened?

To turn back power again i change breaker to up of course. And its fine again.

PC:
Aorus AD27QD
AORUS PRO Z390-PRO GAMING
Aorus 2080 Ti waterforce stock
2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL XMP
9700K STOCK
Seasonic TX-750W TITANIUM PLUS PRIME

Never happened with that pc in whole year. Also pc is stable during full load etc.
Today i just browsing internet and power goes down with tripped breaker.
Pc working like before again. Weird any clues?

Or maybe pc is faulty? I mean some part and it caused that once?

All other devices in house was off,like tv,washer,lights.

could be just a nusiance trip. happens now and then. keep an eye on ---, seeif it holds. or if it trips, keep a record of when and what was connected.

I figured out. Bulb get burned in bathroom !!!!LOL and that caused trip breaker. So pc is ok if its running?
[automerge]1598730713[/automerge]
Can led bulb trip breaker if get burner?
[automerge]1598732624[/automerge]
it was halogen bulb i ask my mother. So no led bulb

Last edited:
I figured out. Bulb get burned in bathroom !!!!LOL and that caused trip breaker. So pc is ok if its running?
[automerge]1598730713[/automerge]
Can led bulb trip breaker if get burner?
[automerge]1598732624[/automerge]
it was halogen bulb i ask my mother. So no led bulb
it's very common for a bulb (especially halogens) to trip a breaker when they fail.this is due to the high fault current generated at the time of failure. something to do with ionisation of the gas in the bulb. basically the breaker sees this excessive curent draw and trips, as it is meant to do.

Somebody from reddit say this to me"
You just confirmed your main (not just a circuit breaker) was tripped while using your computer. This should virtually NEVER happen unless you are fully overloading your main breaker (which by your description you are not). Computers and bulbs shouldn't ever blow a main breaker, just the breaker they are on. If your whole house breaker tripped, either something is wired very very wrong in your house and can cause a fire or shock (kill) someone OR your main breaker needs to be replaced which definitely needs an electrician to fix."

That shouldnt trip main breaker ,when bulb get burned. And i am worried. He is right?

a blown lamp can cause a chain reaction. 5A fuse then 16A breaker, and a RCD. or even a 63A breaker. it's all down to which device sees the fault first.

Hello. Today first time something tripped breaker in my house. I mean i was sitting on Windows 10 desktop ,like always and i hear BUM from fuse box. And power go down. Pc turned off.
I have that pc almost 1 year and something like that never happened. I think there was not circuit overload,because all devices was off,like tv,washer etc. Only pc was on. And nothing get damaged. Anybody have clue why it happened?

To turn back power again i change breaker to up of course. And its fine again.

PC:
Aorus AD27QD
AORUS PRO Z390-PRO GAMING
Aorus 2080 Ti waterforce stock
2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL XMP
9700K STOCK
Seasonic TX-750W TITANIUM PLUS PRIME

Never happened with that pc in whole year. Also pc is stable during full load etc.
Today i just browsing internet and power goes down with tripped breaker.
Pc working like before again. Weird any clues?

Or maybe pc is faulty? I mean some part and it caused that once?

All other devices in house was off,like tv,washer,lights.
It’s hard to say but I can assure you that it wasn’t your PC. Check the breaker and see if it’s warm to the touch which it shouldn’t be. If it is it has a load on it that your not aware of

yes two small tripped breakers near each other. One for lights in house,second for power in wall sockets.
Why i lose a power circuit too when a bulb blowed on a lighting circuit?

why power in wallsockets go out and lights at the same time? its as expected?

RCD ( that biggest on left ) not tripped.

yes two small tripped breakers near each other. One for lights in house,second for power in wall sockets.
Why i lose a power circuit too when a bulb blowed on a lighting circuit?

why power in wallsockets go out and lights at the same time? its as expected?

RCD ( that biggest on left ) not tripped.
When a breaker trips it will take power off lights and receptacles. It all depends on how the electrician wired it up so yes that’s not unusual

So it was normal when power in whole house goes off and lightings off too?
I’m not saying that you are loosing ALL power I’m just saying that a lot of electricians put lights and some receptacles on one circuit. Are you saying that your main breaker is tripping?

No,the main was not tripped. But two small circuit breakers. One for power in sockets,second fo lightning. So it can be expected/or normal when halogen bulb wil blown?

Reply to Why my breaker tripped? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock