Discuss why won’t my plug socket switch stay on on my fuse box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
C1546B93-385C-4567-8519-1773434C1CEF.jpeg hi. today my power started switching off, but not my lights. only my plug sockets are going off. i’ve unplugged everything from all the sockets so there isn’t a faulty appliance. is there anything else i could try doing?

If you are sure you have unplugged everything in afraid you may find it hard to and without test gear, possibly check if any outside lights are wired off the back of a socket and possibly full of water.

Anything connected via a FCU (fused connection unit) that is still connected? Typically used for the CH boiler, and other equipment hard wired in such as shower pumps etc.

Reply to why won’t my plug socket switch stay on on my fuse box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm adding American muscle's halo fog lights to my 2006 v6 mustang and am looking for a good place to connect the positive side to power the...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm in the process of getting my qualifications and am taking on some small jobs for family to try and get some experience in. Today I was...
Replies
Views
Hello, Is there an actual age limit on house wiring that would prevent a traditional fuse box being replaced with a consumer unit please...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone might be able to help. We have a fused switch that controls 4 LED lights next to a power socket which have both...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have recently bought a house and I have a fused switch in my living room which I don't know what it's for. I believe it was a switch for a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock