Discuss Wierd goings on in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Big n Daft

Fitted 17th ed CU. Found the regulation borrowed nuetral on the landing light. Took a nuetral from the living room lights, problem solved:cool3:.
Householder rings up a few days later and asks if I can pop round. When the living rm lights are switched on by the dimmer and wound up to full, the landing light dims and vice versa.
Couldnt have a good look see because I was supposed to loading the car up for going on holiday, swmbo was not happy.
:hanged:

Feck 'em I'm in holiday mode.
Any ideas lads?

swmbo...............she who must be obeyed

Last edited by a moderator:
Having now packed, loaded the car for hols and swmbo is happy my thoughts are now drifting towards that theory Alan.

Still feck it, well earned holiday to be had.

Reply to Wierd goings on in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Kitchen led lights have all of a sudden dimmed by about 30% no dimmer in the system. There are 2 switches for this set of lights. Regardless of...
Replies
Views
I’ll see if I can describe this without making a diagram. Tomorrows job is wiring and fitting wall lights at my mother in laws, up the...
Replies
Views
Evening all. I did an EICR recently and then changed a consumer unit. As part of the EICR process I take off around 25% of all accessories to...
Replies
Views
Just spent 4 hours tracing out a lighting circuit to try and find a fault. I came across a switch that was switching the neutral. This threw me...
Replies
Views
I was asked to help a friend who had an issue with a lighting circuit tripping the main switch. I found a burnt switch and faulty light. Circuit...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock