Discuss Wierd one in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

Cirrus

Installed 2 new ccts in a house today. Did all dead tests and results were good. Ze was 0.30 ohms on a TT system with 6mm down to spike. Powered up and then did Zs and came out at 0.34 Kilo Ohms on all ccts:eek:
How can this be?????

Installed 2 new ccts in a house today. Did all dead tests and results were good. Ze was 0.30 ohms on a TT system with 6mm down to spike. Powered up and then did Zs and came out at 0.34 Kilo Ohms on all ccts:eek:
How can this be?????
firstly i think you mean Zs (with bonding attached) .30 is very very low for a Ze on a t,t
as for Zs being that high i can only think a loose conection,what are the earth loops at the first piont on each circuit if thay are as high the problem is in the board ie loose earth bar what pfc reading do you get L-N
if it is olso high it point to a loose line conductor

Sorry - pfc was .030 ohms. Can't be a loose connection as it is over 3 ccts that I tested (maybe more) and 2 were installed by me. I do 15 of these a month and never have issues so I know it ain't a loose connection in either my final ring circuit or cooker circuit.

Sorry - pfc was .030 ohms. Can't be a loose connection as it is over 3 ccts that I tested (maybe more) and 2 were installed by me. I do 15 of these a month and never have issues so I know it ain't a loose connection in either my final ring circuit or cooker circuit.

PFC measured in ohms?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had low Ze readings for the last few TT systems I have had. This was a 6mm earth and the spike was 7 feet from the baord.

The only time i have had very low (i mean very very low)readings on my Ze was when the customer had a sub station at the bottom of his garden,dont know why but there you go.i think you need the welsh wizard to unravvle this mystery scooby.

Reply to Wierd one in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock