Discuss WiFi camera for monitoring a room in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Doomed

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My mother has been slowly slipping down the inevitable road to the long sleep, as well as work I have been caring for her in the mornings and my sisters doing afternoons and evenings.
She is now virtually bedridden, however she still takes herself to the toilet, but in the last week I have twice found her by her bed in the morning.
Am after a decent motion activated camera with audio that I can hook into the neighbours WiFi so my sisters and I can monitor her when we are not there. (neighbour is happy with this)
Any suggestions please.

There are a huge amount of options on the market. I have found the 'Ring' app and notifications to be very good however. They do an indoor camera that might be worth checking out.

Try this for a start only £30.

Thank you, good option, decent camera, not too expensive, allowed me to watch my mother try to get out of bed, slip and break her ankle as well......
At least she is in a community hospital now for a few weeks.

As well as Ring products we have a couple of these to keep an eye on our Jack Russell if we go out via an App on my wife's iphone:

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vibero-Monitor-Detection-Wireless-Security/dp/B07PXD8Z1D/ref=asc_df_B07PXD8Z1D/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=205183279106&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5214337687456755287&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045003&hvtargid=pla-770559797667&psc=1

One can hold a two way conversation (she's a very unusual JR) and record to a MicroSD or the cloud. A nice feature is the remote pan, tilt and zoom. One can set up preset go-to directions of view. I am very impressed with the quality, reliability and functionality provided for the money spent.

Last edited:
I'm considering some of the Nest cameras. Not cheap, but argulariby the best on the market from what I've read.

Is Mum not eligible to some home help? Know its a mine field with what savings she has.

PS Don't envy you, its a worrying time and hard work looking after loved ones.

Reply to WiFi camera for monitoring a room in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock