Discuss Wiha tool case.... Is it worth it? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Due to a being a member of a club online, I have the chance to buy this case, and the pictured tools for £199 + VAT before its available in the UK. Likely to get it in September, when its actually released.

Do you think its worth it at £199 + VAT
Do you think its worth it at its rrp of £319 + VAT

Does anybody else want one? (I'll buy as many as I need to, but purchaser will need to pay delivery costs from my address to theirs)

Wiha tool case.... Is it worth it? wiha case - EletriciansForums.net

Ill post details of the contents when i get them.

Saying this, however..... this club also gave me a Speed-e electric screwdriver, which has now got a newer model out. Getting rid of old stock, maybe?

From the details.....
  • Needle nose pliers Professional electric 200mm [Wiha product Code 26727]
  • Professional electric diagonal cutters with DynamicJoint® 160mm [Wiha product Code 43335]
  • Stripping pliers Professional electric 160mm [Wiha product Code 26847]
  • Crimping pliers Professional electric 145mm [Wiha product Code 35861]
  • L-key set in Compact holder 10pcs [Wiha product Code 01418]
  • Stripping tool [Wiha product Code 35969]
  • Electrician's Longlife® folding ruler, 2 m [Wiha product Code 42068]
  • Electrician's spirit level [Wiha product Code 42074]
  • Screwdriver with bit magazine LiftUp electric 7pcs [Wiha product Code 38611]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric 2,5mm [Wiha product Code 00820]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric slimFix 3,5mm [Wiha product Code 35446]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric slimFix 5,5mm [Wiha product Code 35391]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric slimFix 6,5mm [Wiha product Code 35392]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric slimFix PH1 [Wiha product Code 35393]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric slimFix PH2 [Wiha product Code 35394]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric slimFix PZ1 [Wiha product Code 35395]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric slimFix PZ2 [Wiha product Code 35396]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric slimFix SL/PZ2 [Wiha product Code 36330]

So, you get what you see..... The bottom half must be empty... plenty room for the speed-e and my wiha torque driver.

I just need a new pair of pliers, and ive got half the screwdriver sizes already

From the details.....
  • Needle nose pliers Professional electric 200mm [Wiha product Code 26727]
  • Professional electric diagonal cutters with DynamicJoint® 160mm [Wiha product Code 43335]
  • Stripping pliers Professional electric 160mm [Wiha product Code 26847]
  • Crimping pliers Professional electric 145mm [Wiha product Code 35861]
  • L-key set in Compact holder 10pcs [Wiha product Code 01418]
  • Stripping tool [Wiha product Code 35969]
  • Electrician's Longlife® folding ruler, 2 m [Wiha product Code 42068]
  • Electrician's spirit level [Wiha product Code 42074]
  • Screwdriver with bit magazine LiftUp electric 7pcs [Wiha product Code 38611]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric 2,5mm [Wiha product Code 00820]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric slimFix 3,5mm [Wiha product Code 35446]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric slimFix 5,5mm [Wiha product Code 35391]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric slimFix 6,5mm [Wiha product Code 35392]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric slimFix PH1 [Wiha product Code 35393]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric slimFix PH2 [Wiha product Code 35394]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric slimFix PZ1 [Wiha product Code 35395]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric slimFix PZ2 [Wiha product Code 35396]
  • Screwdriver SoftFinish® electric slimFix SL/PZ2 [Wiha product Code 36330]

So, you get what you see..... The bottom half must be empty... plenty room for the speed-e and my wiha torque driver.

I just need a new pair of pliers, and ive got half the screwdriver sizes already
What's your thoughts on the adjustable level?

Didn't realise this was a ---- site, tool ---- that is, very nice but you wouldn't want to use it, or at least I wouldn't, might pose with it for a while, wouldn't last long on site especially in Scouse land, you want to watch the advertising video iof the one on wheels where the Sparky goes into the woods and repairs some electrics, sorry no link I had to delete it, my Mrs kept coming over to me and shouting "No don't even think about it, won't even let me buy the Advent Calendar for "camerabloke" well for me really. if I owned the set pictured I would have to look at it every so often, just to cheer myself up. lol:p

As a club member I decided against it as I already have 3 plier set and most of the drivers, with spare drivers. The pop up magazine driver has a reputation for the yellow bit holders snapping. So the only benefit would be the box. I have umpteen toolboxes though and just stocked up on empty packout cases for £18 each.

They'll have calculated the worth of the kit on their list prices. For example the wiha uk website lists a single PZ2 slim driver at £22. I usually buy the sets of 6 assorted ones for that price.

Im thinking about it, @Andy78 , like you i already have a number of Wiha products, 6 set of screwdrivers, which i buy every year or so... whatevers on offer between wiha and wera.
Got the speed-e, got the torque driver.... got the mug and the t shirt. (yes, really) and i do need a new pair of pliers.

Im thinking about it, @Andy78 , like you i already have a number of Wiha products, 6 set of screwdrivers, which i buy every year or so... whatevers on offer between wiha and wera.
Got the speed-e, got the torque driver.... got the mug and the t shirt. (yes, really) and i do need a new pair of pliers.

The pliers and cutters are great to be fair.

Due to a being a member of a club online, I have the chance to buy this case, and the pictured tools for £199 + VAT before its available in the UK. Likely to get it in September, when its actually released.

Do you think its worth it at £199 + VAT
Do you think its worth it at its rrp of £319 + VAT

Does anybody else want one? (I'll buy as many as I need to, but purchaser will need to pay delivery costs from my address to theirs)

View attachment 58993

Ill post details of the contents when i get them.

Saying this, however..... this club also gave me a Speed-e electric screwdriver, which has now got a newer model out. Getting rid of old stock, maybe?
Looks nice, but more interested in finding out about this on-line club, especially if they are doing deals like this.

Is there a special initiation ceremony, funny hand shake, have to sacrifice first born, etc...to get in? Please tell me more, always interested in a bargain - even if I don’t ‘really’ need them.

Looks nice, but more interested in finding out about this on-line club, especially if they are doing deals like this.

Is there a special initiation ceremony, funny hand shake, have to sacrifice first born, etc...to get in? Please tell me more, always interested in a bargain - even if I don’t ‘really’ need them.
No just pay a fee and you're in. I think it might now be full at 500 members though.

I've realised earlier today that this kit doesn't have a pair of pliers.... not normal combi pliers....
So, ill end up buying them separately anyway.

I’m not adverse to sacrificing the first 1 or 2 either......I love em n all but Cheap new tools....

Reply to Wiha tool case.... Is it worth it? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock